Monday, October 19, 2009

Magical Monday

Ross and I were gone Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning to a marriage retreat. I had high hopes that it wouldn't be hokey. It wasn't. I had high hopes that it would be beneficial and not just fun. It was. I have a lot of things that I would love to share from the retreat, but FIRST let me just tell about the greatest thing that happened today.

Ross left for his day at the clinic this morning, and Amelia and I had breakfast. While we were playing, I hear the front door open. I decide we are being robbed in broad daylight and kick myself for not locking the door. Ross came bounding up the stairs right when I was contemplating my next action. He got the WHOLE day off :)

We decided that we should go to the zoo for Amelia's first wildlife experience as a celebration. Zoos are my favorite place ever--even awful ones such as the lovely one in Little Rock. Amelia had a great time, and here were her favorite things of the day.

1. The giant pumpkins that were everywhere for decoration.




2. The waterfalls by the jungle exhibits.



3. The huge leaves in the bird house.




Yes. Those things. She kind of thought the giraffe was cool.





And this monkey DID catch her eye.





But, you know, they didn't really compare to those plastic pumpkins. So, it was nap time.





Good Day. I love these two.




OH, marriage retreat re-cap to follow I guess. This turned into the zoo post.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great day at the zoo. What an awesome surprise--Ross getting the day off. :) Love how excited Amelia looks in each picture. You look very pretty in your bottom photo! Loveyou.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite are those tights.....super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun zoo day-will be fun to see what she loves next trip in the spring-probably different zoo-:)Luv you guys-

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh. fun time love zoo and i love my little amelia boo butter bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you finally got your family zoo trip, lol. It looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun day,but they all are now. Ross being in on the day was extra. So glad this little one is in into Halloween,just like her Aunt and Uncle.Maybe not so much zoo's yet.

    Meam

    ReplyDelete