Saturday, July 31, 2010

"The Lion and the Mouse"

I said I wouldn't, but I did. I checked out another picture book because now I am really into them. The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney is the most wonderfully illustrated picture book that I have ever seen. The best part is that Amelia (after listening to me "read" it a few times) thinks that she can actually read the story through sound effects. And honestly, she does a great job. It is great to see her relate the pictures with the story that is unfolding. She was ready to read all her books the moment we got home and laid them all out.

As you know, during my earlier discussed fit, G and Pa made an appearance. Ross was grateful so that I didn't kill him and Amelia was tickled pink. Pa kept her in stitches most of the night and G brought her some ponytail holders that she promptly modeled. I quit sulking long enough to snap some pictures.
Gammy and Gampy came up last night and more fun was had. Ross and I went to look at vans (yes, we are that cool) and ate out. We actually got to talk about the week and I forgot I was mad at him. It was nice. Mom quickly learned that Amelia does the READING and all other audience members simply LISTEN. Bahahah.

Incredible Pizza tonight. Fun. Insane amount of pizza consumed. Amelia loves pepperoni. We won tickets and didn't stand in the loooong line to cash them in. Thankfully, she knew no difference and walked out proudly clutching her tickets. We told her "good job" and all was well. Great night. Exhausted as usual. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read that you didn't cash in your tickets. We went to Chuck E. Cheese tonight and the line to cash in your tickets were forever long, so we opted out of getting a prize too. My theory was...he doesn't get tickets = prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear girls-no prizes you crack me up please keep them for next time and cash them in at the beginning before it gets crowded.LOL So glad she loves books and wants to read.So glad her new bee outfit we brought fit as well.Pony tails are too cute.Love you van shoppers

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO PRIZE??? i will go stand in line and get a prize for her. haha. i LOVE the long ponytail in the last picture with mom. can't believe it! and i'm so happy she loves the library and loves books. and i love the lion and the mouse. all the variations of it. so good!

    steph

    ReplyDelete