Monday, July 12, 2010

Six Bits

1. I am going to cut my hair. Short. Like when Ross and I met--super short. I never fix my hair and it is ALWAYS in a nasty ponytail wad. Showers are a hit or miss deal for me and it takes 45 minutes to dry this mop. Then I have to straighten it and that is another 20 minutes. Tell me where a mom finds 65 minutes for hair alone? I'm not saying this new hair will be cute, in fact, I might hate it, but I am cutting it nonetheless.

2. Uncle Rossco met little Ingrid finally after some very long days at the hospital. He drove down on Friday and couldn't wait to scoop her up.

3. ZZzzZ. I am still so tired, but feel little bursts of energy returning here and there. Can't wait to feel semi-normal again. Morning sickness, headaches, and nausea, you are annoying. Excited about this baby, but nervous. I felt mega nervous during Amelia's whole pregnancy and vowed that if we ever had another one that I wouldn't ruin the experience by being crazy. I didn't realize I would have to adhere to that vow quite so soon. Get behind me Satan.

4. We have nightlights in every room because we are cool and afraid of the dark and the one in the living room makes the lamp look like a King Cobra on the ceiling. I always look at it and chuckle and last night out of the blue Amelia pointed up at it and laughed. For some reason that just delighted me.

5. It did not delight me that we had our first tornado warning last night, but I was cozied up in my basement building a block tower with Ross and Amelia. It was scary, but I don't think a tornado was ever on the ground. WHEW. Thank you Lord for this house with a basement :)

6. Amelia can take the toilet paper of the holder and I keep finding myself going to the bathroom and reaching up for some toilet paper and there is none. This is not a fun predicament to be in, yet it keeps happening.

4 comments:

  1. Well maybe not quite that short with the hair-eek
    So glad Ross got to see Ingrid Cate
    Hip Hip for basements
    Sickness will hopefully end soon-but just look at Amelia and we know it is all worth it-:)hate you feel so bad though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the new hair do. Where are the mass of Amelia pics? Ingrid is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1=hiss
    #2=hooray!
    #3=you can do it
    #4=weird
    #5=relief
    #6=funny

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. heather if it makes you feel better i have 4 night lights in my living room alone ...
    shelby and i went outside because the wind was doing crazy things and we looked at the sky and shelby said i think it is going to blow past us but those clouds look scary. i said yah i am pretty sure it is headed straight towards heathers house. ... i would have called but i figured you already knew that and were in the basement.

    yay for ross meeting ingrid.... MY TURN

    em

    ReplyDelete