Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cousin Love




Oh how Amelia loves Ingrid. She wants to touch her face and feet sooo badly. This visit she pointed to her knee and said "knee." We all carried on about how great that was, while poor Ingrid is in her carseat thinking help! It is precious to see how excited she gets and she wants to share ALL of her toys with Ingrid. Including a very hard and scary turtle that got dangerously close to Ingrid's head. Whew.

I started out with the warm fuzzy part of the post and will end with the psycho pregnant part. First of all, I have had no pregnancy breakdowns. That is important to know. I was invited to a purse party at my friend Amber's house and granted, it wasn't tea with Oprah, but I was very excited about it. It was my chance to meet new people and I haven't seen Amber since we moved here. Long story short, Ross didn't get home in time for me to go. I ate the birthday dinner that I made pretty much alone (the Buzz kept me company) and by the time Ross walked in the door, I cried and cried and cried. You would have thought that I missed the birth of Ingrid or Christmas morning. Then, I called my Mom and cried some more, mixed with incoherent babble.

I was frustrated that I didn't get to go to the party, frustrated for letting myself be excited about it, frustrated with Ross's intern schedule of total randomness, and frustrated my birthday evening was going NOTHING like I planned. To top it off, I was frustrated that I was being insane. Oh, and Ross's parents came by to play with Amelia during this fit.

Then, to top it off, all my bragging about my first morning without puking backfired as I hurled up the entire supper and a little lunch too. Charming, huh? I went to bed a pouty 29 year old mess.

However, God's mercies are new every morning and we are heading to get some more library books. I love that Amelia loves to read. We have read all morning to get the last drop of stories out of these before we take them back. Life is good and fits are gross.

Good day.

6 comments:

  1. so sorry that yesterday was so hard! i am hoping and praying that you are having a much better day today. being pregnant you are allowed to have a few meltdowns, being a mom you are allowed a few meltdowns, being a residents wife you are allowed meltdowns and you know what else i have discovered being a human you are allowed some meltdowns too. asher once went to stay with my mom for four days because we were having meltdowns at the same time. i guess just as long as we ultimately know where to turn we will be okay! let me know if you need anything.

    em

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first part of this post! haha. amelia does love her cousin ingrid and ingrid loves her back. turtles and all. and we love you. meltdowns and all. hope the library was just as much fun this time.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get through it all. I am just so thankful you don't get up each morning, send Amelia to Day Care and you off to work.

    Melt downs are good,you get rid of that built up stress. The Lord is always there when things get overwhelming.

    You are doing good Heathy,lot going on for you right now. THOSE HORMONES TAKE CONTROL AT TIMES. LOL
    Today is a better day !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for precious Ingrid and Amelia loving her!So glad mom(me) still gets the calls even if it makes me want to fix everything just like when you were little. Of course I love the ones better like this morning with a great phone photo of my sweet Amelia and knowing her mom is taking her to the library again,reading to her,rocking her,teaching her each day,and singing to her about Jesus.Love you my 29 year old first born!Glad Gee and Pa came to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the hormones. I'm not as fun as I was in college, so you didn't miss much. lol ;) Tuesday, if he gets home late, come anyway. Last time we stayed until midnight, and they closed at 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAITING FOR THE NEXT BLOG .HELLOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete