Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Victory is Ours

We are official Christian County Library cardholders. Hallelujah. They did not have the Dora book still, but we got the Diego one and Dora is in it, so we were safe. Amelia was just as tickled. She could not wait to get home and read them (and practice her gymnastics toe point).

I left annoyed at the lady-surprise- because she tells me, "OH, you can only check out TWO books today since it is your first time." Youmustbekiddingme. I already picked out four--the same very careful process we went through yesterday--and now you are telling me I can only get two. She says, "Well, honey, you can get FIFTY next time." Youmustbekiddingme.

There were no problems though, as Amelia very decidedly picked the two she wanted of the four. (Not my two picks).
We are already having some problems with the above book. It has no words and each time I "tell" the story, it is obviously different as I see something new in the pictures. She shouts NO and wants me to tell it the same way, in the same order, and say the same thing about each pictures. So Ross.

Oh the joys of two little library books. Amelia is one happy lady today. And now, I am off to eat a Klondike bar, and I will be a very happy lady.

7 comments:

  1. I love how excited she looks in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like that library lady.... What I do like...ok...love is Amelia's toe point in the first pic and her face in the chicken and cat picture. I am glad you passed the background check and finger printing for your library card.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many rules just to get a library book. Love the toe point and how excited she is about the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third times the charm!! Glad she got some books today.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her mother's child:
    gymnast
    excited to pieces about books
    remembers how the story goes and doesn't want anything skipped
    darling
    How did those legs get so long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that toe point is so impressive. my foot has a cramp just looking at it. i'm so happy that she loves the library. such a great place. books with no words are so hard. i would not be able to tell it the same way each time either. impossible.

    did you find some hair pics?? nervous...

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I have to say, good thing she got her books today. This Meme was about ready to make another trip to Ozark . The library lady is totally wearing me down. The girly girl needs her books!!!!!

    ReplyDelete