Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aunt Heather

EDIT: Here is the little doll face.


Sweet Ingrid Cate is here. Born at 8:28 p.m. 6 lbs 8 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. Beyond cute. I am talking precious little face. My sister is amazing. She had no epidural and a really intense labor. Steph has always been my hero and even though I am the older one, I look up to her for her faith and strength and those two things were sure on display during this process. Derek was such a rock and played music for her and kept her breathing entirely on track, reassuring her that she definitely could do it. He left her side only for seconds during the entire 20 hours.

Needless to say, I am beaming. I paced for hours and had major um stomach trouble, but I am nothing but proud right now.

Not sure if I have permission to post a pic or not, so I will wait until tomorrow when I go back up there. Take my word for it---blonde hair, blonde eyelashes, blonde eyebrows---precious.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo sooo precious! Congrats to all! Great job Stephers! you are my hero too. Way to be there Derek! I'm so proud of you both.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All amazing...The verses that Steph picked out in the Bible were read by Derek to help strengthen her and it did.. The music was smoothing to her he played. The breathing helped with the pain. They were such a team to watch and it went on for 20+ hours. I cannot say how proud I was of them. And the result was our perfect little Ingrid Cate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! Go stephanie!!!!! :) very cool, glad she's here and they are doing well!

    ReplyDelete