Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Picture This..

You are trying to get ready to go to the library and are sorting through your jewelry to find the perfect necklace. Somehow, you find the time to cheese for mom.




Then, as you add a few more layers and a pearl bracelet, you decide your look is complete.



But, your mom says you must wear clothes with your ensemble and you pop up and tell her how that WILL NOT work.

That was our morning. Amelia was determined to wear no clothes to the library and a million necklaces. We get there and listen to storytime and I am very excited because we are going to get our library card today. Amelia carefully picks out four books and even listened quietly as I explained we were borrowing them to take home. She was prancing up to the front with them and the lady informs me that I have to have the following to get a library card: a piece of mail/bill with my new address on it. Excuse me? Like I just carry that around? What about a drivers license or credit card? This library is not in Washington D.C.--the books are old--it is the foothills of the Ozarks---just give me the stinking library card. The lady apologizes profusely and takes away Amelia's books.

This is when things get ugly. Amelia screams "BOOOOOOKSSSS, NOOOOOOOO." And as the lady puts the Dora book back on the cart to return out to the shelves she screams "DOOOOORRAAAA" with vigor, but to no avail as the lady does not fold. Bless her heart. Traumatic morning. I was telling Meme the story on the phone and Amelia started fake crying and asking for the books. She kills me :)

A few more 4th pictures...

6 comments:

  1. Awesome necklaces and red white and blue-sad library story,but funny!Amelia Claire you are cuter each day-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun minus the silly library rules. Love the festive 4th pics. Such a sweet fam.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. most hilarious post. love all the jewelry pictures. ac cracks me up. a big BOO to the library lady. dumbest thing I've ever heard of. weirdos.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a million libraries here but you can only get a card at the one in your "region" also having to prove with a piece of mail. Boo. Super cute pictures. She sure knows how to accessorize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love amelia even when she is sad she is stinkin adorable

    em

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's my niece....holdin' the camera!!!!

    ReplyDelete