Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Going on Ten

Amelia woke up saying "Dora" and I was horrified because we read that book sooo many times yesterday. So, I decided it was painting day and we took our little picnic table outside and Picasso got to work. I let her have a little more umm freedom today when she painted because her rude looks and gruff sighs let me know that I was cramping her style. As if! I usually only let her do one color at a time, but since she is so BIG, she got to do all the colors at once.


Sheer concentration.


She has been asking for some colored streaks in hair for a couple of weeks now and I said absolutely not. Since she couldn't get to Kayla's by herself, she just added these green ones.
She usually drenches the paper in paint and it takes about two days for the picture to dry. I was proud of her for this simplistic approach on one of her pieces today.



The norm---still beautiful.


Okay, so I am proud of my kid--sheesh :) You know what else I am proud of? We have a wonderfully shaded carport with a breeze to do crafts outside. And I get to see Ingrid tomorrow. Proud.

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Love the apron, love the hair, love the painting! So fun.


    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an artist! I love the apron too. And you're hilarious--wanting colored streaks in her hair. bahaha. dying from laughter here. see you TOMORROW. hooray.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the dollar tree apron is still holding out,my Buzzy Bee bargain find.Her paintings are lovely.She needs a shower cap for painting too I see.LOL Yeah for shade!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the hair Buzz !!! Love your art work. So nice to have a patient mommy.

    ReplyDelete