Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cabin Fever

Amelia said, "Mom, we have been indoors for two days without even a walk."


She stared and stared out the window. Then, at me.


So, out we went for a mini walk. It was too icy and we were sliding everywhere, so it lasted about five seconds. She was unimpressed, I was unimpressed, and Ross was smiling. How I love him. Haha.After she got unbundled she said, "Okay, that flopped. What else ya got?" Luckily, I had bought these balls at Target on a great sale and was saving them until her birthday. However, we busted them out and put them in the tunnel Meme and Pop got her for Christmas. Instant success.
After all that fun, she said, "Well, my baby is probably getting thirsty."



This morning we went to church and Amelia asked, "Can I wear my sweater and shoes from Aunt Jessalyn?" I said sure and she was as cute as can be.




Everything has melted and we are happy. Looks like storytime, Target time, and maybe even walk outside time. Whew...it was like not only did the KC trip get ruined, but then there was ice-ing on the cake. Gag.

I went to the mall after church with Amy and we met up with Ashley for a little while and it was heavenly. Lunch at the food court and some perusing in Dillards, Bakers, and Baby Gap. I got Amelia a cute new bathing suit and outfit and some new boots. I returned home feeling less grouchy and almost ready to let the Kansas City trip go. Almost. I mean how long can I let something like that bother me? Thanks Amy and Ashley for the fun. And thanks to Ross (who never reads this blog) for watching AC all day.

4 comments:

  1. Back to target for other b/d gifts. So glad she has room for that tunnel.ha.
    So precious in her Aunt Jessalyn outfit.
    Know her and Ross had fun with you gone for the day.
    Cute pictures of her looking out the window and feeding that baby. She takes that seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The face at the door looking out is so perfect,just that tiny preciousness.I love the balls in tunnel idea,looks like she did too.Cute outfit for church and dad looks handsome also. Thanks for great photos-we miss you all,3 weeks is hard for a Gammy and Gampy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! Scary baby cracks me up! I'm also quite pleased that AC is sticking. :)

    I was hoping to one day have a child with the initials AC so that when they played basketball or soccer... I could make a sign that said "Its getting hot in here, better turn up the AC!!" Haha. Mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite line hands down: "She was unimpressed, I was unimpressed, Ross was smiling." hahaha--I've read this post three times and I'm still laughing at that part. So glad she got an early birthday present-there's nothing better than that! Cut outfit for church. Love the sweater and skirt. She looks too precious. Sounds like a fun day at the mall. Glad you got the boots. Wish I was there to go with you...wahhhh. Love you.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete