Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Plans

Well, I had to break it to Amelia that she wasn't going to get to stay with Gammy and Gampy this weekend and it didn't go over too well.

I told her that I felt the same way and had even had a few fits of my own, but that we were just going to have to come up with some new weekend plans to fill the void.

We have yet to come up with any but I feel like the mall will be involved somehow.

Amelia is really into playing by herself right now. It is so weird how they go through so many phases. I am sure the day is coming where she is a clingy lady again, but for the last two days she leaves every room that I walk into. I told her yesterday, "Mommy stays home so that we can play together. " She just smirked and her and baby left the room.

It is so funny to watch her. I try not to just follow her around every second and actually let her have some independent play time and it is cracking me up. She found one of my magazines under the couch and actually looked at it page by page very intensely for about ten minutes.

I was cleaning a few of her toys and she got in on the action. She was just scrubbing away on this table.

When Ross got home we went on a walk to get out of the house and Amelia wouldn't go without her baby. I thought it would be a disaster, but we took her. She held her tight the entire time!

Ross took this wonderful shot of our family. Here, let me take it. I am taller.
Amelia had a wild night last night and tossed and turned every thirty minutes. She constantly changed positions and I am in awe of how she got any sleep. Her hair this morning is indicative of this. But, oh how she loves her little lounge chair.

Close up of the hair and our trash

Mom, sorry she is in her pajamas in half of these. Next time, all cute outfits and bows. We stayed in our jammies until three yesterday. Your worst nightmare.







7 comments:

  1. Love pj's all day,just like meme.
    That hair is riot.
    Oh great shot there Rossman.Good pic of sky and you,lol
    So glad she loves babies and cleaning.
    Oh dear me,never see crying out of her much.
    We are also all sad.Now waiting on b/d trip and longer stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaha--that hair is hilarious.
    I love it. super sad you can't come. :(
    love the picture of her carrying baby on the walk and the one of her holding baby-she looks so big and like she's walking everywhere. can't wait to see her. and you. and ross.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear what a wild head,LOL! Gammy and Gampy are sad too sweet girl. Hopefully you can come next week-end and see us. It is soo precious to see her doing so many things with her babies.That picture would have been darling in your hats :) Good try though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heather,

    I believe I am going to have to quit following your blog. The reason? Because with each stinkin' picture of your Amelia, I am not only wanting a baby... but I am also wanting a girl.

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    Now I have to go punish myself by washing my mouth out with soap and going to bed without any supper.

    A baby? A girl? THE HORROR!!!!

    Sincerely,
    Sarah

    P.S. If you ever write a blog entry in the form of a series of haikus, please let me know and I will consider re-following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is she walking?

    -uncle D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking again at this blog. The picture of her in kitchen holding the baby......This is a reminder of you Heather,so muchlike you were as a little one..PRECIOUS...

    ReplyDelete