Monday, February 1, 2010

Book Clubbin

So, the second book club meeting was a success. We met at Panera, which is my favorite carb restaurant ever, and the discussion was wonderful. Other than the fact that I obviously love books and love talking, I love meeting because it is my time to just be me. I am not identified as Ross's wife or Amelia's mom, I am just a contributor to the discussion. It is fun to use my brain--especially since I am not working. (Speaking of work--creating the lesson plans for my replacement -and some cash- has been rewarding, but lately I have been slightly downtrodden because I love some of the lessons that I am sending him so much that I want to teach them myself).

We read The Red Tent and it was such an interesting book. The author took a character from Genesis, Dinah, and created an entire story from her life---complete with dialouge and thoughts. Dinah never actually speaks in the Bible; she doesn't utter one word. So, the author took complete liberty in creating a ton of what-ifs. I liked it and although there is some controversy surrounding the book, i.e. it isn't her place to assume what happened, and the book is disrespectful to the Word, I didn't buy into any of that.

The book is a clearly stated piece of fiction. It just so happens to have received its inspiration from the Bible and to me, that makes it all the more interesting. It helped me remember what I all to often forget--the people in the Bible were real people, with real families, and real problems.

If you are looking for something different, you should check it out.

Amelia went to the doctor today and has an ear infection. She was not in the mood for any photos; especially after we were in the doctor's office an hour and a half. And I wasn't really in the mood to take any either. This was partly in relation to the fact that Amelia started bawling and the doctor (not the normal one we see) said, "She is really putting on isn't she?" Well, you keep jabbing that in her ear because you are "having trouble seeing in her ear canal," so perhaps she really is in pain. Even if not, you better shut your mouth because you haven't seen putting on until I get started.

Ohhh, funny story. Amelia was pushing her fish around in this cart and things were going fine. However, he did something to greatly upset her and she jerked him up into the air and started giving a lecture.

Here she is prancing off with a very stern face mid conversation and mid prance.

Poor guy--who knows what he did. I bet he will be more careful during the next ride.

4 comments:

  1. Cute Buzzy with her fish,hope she feels like playing today,since she had a hard day yesterday.Maybe she will be up for some photos later in the day. :) Love and miss you guys! Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE U KIDDING ME !!!!! Wonder how he would like to meet the MEAM ????? Poor Buzzy,hurt her ears.
    Now Fish is also hacking her off,hard day.
    Hoping for a better day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that is hilarious!! You gotta watch Blue Fish - he can be mischevious. I so sorry that the baby is sick again. Poor thing!!! Kisses from Bran Bran!! Or maybe I should say from Natey. She would probably like those better!! LOL

    ReplyDelete