Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eleven Months

E- Eating is going fairly well. Amelia still only likes orange things and eats no green veggies. She loves snacks and asks for them by name--"nacks, nacks, nacks." She eats bananas, wheat bread, and cheese right now and that is it as far as table food.

L- Loves her babies. She plays with her babies almost all day--feeding them, holding them, patting them, hugging them. Babyland.

E- Everything delights her at this age. She squeals in delight at a leaf, pinecone, stuffed animal, real animal, water bottle, you get the pictures. She is easy to please right now.

V- Very strong willed. And although the above is true, if you take away any of those objects that delighted her, she has now started throwing full blown fits. Arched back and head. Kicking legs. Whew. Already?

E- Ehh. Enough with the e's. I mean seriously.

N- Nah nah. This is what Amelia calls her bottles. She knows where we keep them and when she wants them. I am giving her milk in a sippy cup during the day and only one bottle after her afternoon nap and one bottle at night. Soon, I will go to one bottle at night so that the transition to no bottles will hopefully be smooth (ish). Worried about it since she loves them so much. She also loves her paci, but that is another letter, another time.

M- Mommy's girl. Amelia loves me--a lot. It is a special feeling, but we are working on her not being so clingy. That is one fear I have with staying home--that she will want only me. I have started putting her in her pack n play if she wants to be held constantly and she will cry a while and then start playing on her own. I am very proud of her for that feat.

O- Outside. Amelia is still an outdoorsy lady. She loves being outside and gets really excited when you ask her if she wants to go out. The cold does not bother her. It bothers me, so I really have to get over myself and just bundle up. We still go on walks and the weather lately has been really nice, so we have been out a lot.

N- Names and phrases. She is recognizing a lot more things that I say. She knows if I ask her about blowing bubbles, wanting a bottle, going outside or bye bye, and taking a bath. If I ask her to bring me something that is close, she understands that and goes to get it. She really isn't saying many more words than last month though. I asked her last night if she wanted to talk to Gampy on her pretend phone and she thought he was here. She started looking for him and burst into tears. Umm..bad move on my part.

T- Television is a friend of mine, and I do let Amelia watch "her" shows. She gets to watch one at breakfast since our "dining room" is actually our living room. Gotta love apartments. She also watches a show at lunch and sometimes when we are settling down for a nap. Her favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba. Wonder Pets comes in a close second.

H- Home. I love staying home with Amelia. It seems weird to me that I ever had to make that decision and quit work after only five weeks into the school year. It feels like I never did that or had that stress and just naturally stayed home with her. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends because it was a big leap. The cool thing is that it doesn't seem like it was now--it seems like I am where I should be and always have been.

S- Sleep. Well I blog about this often, so we all know where this stands. Rocked for every nap and bedtime. Sleeps with us. One bottle a night as of right now and doing really good. Do not know when, if ever, I will try to put her in her crib. :)

7 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your blog - which always makes me smile. Yay for eleven months and precious memories for Amelia to look back on. Doing such a fabulous job capturing moments of her life...so proud of you stay-at-home mom :)

    Miss you like mad. Love you.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for 11 months! Precious girl in her big girl chair! Doing good on taking bottles away and will make it much easier. She can sit back with sippy cup of milk which is cheaper than formula-yeah! Love you guys tons!Gampy is smiling ear to ear over his part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. very creative.
    you are a great writer.
    It will be cool when amelia can look back on these posts when she is older.

    Uncle D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest thing ever, drinking btl in chair.ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, awesome acrostic for a special Buzzy

    ReplyDelete