Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nursery Time

Well, guess who went to the nursery at church for the first time? Hint: It wasn't Ross or I.

Yes, this turquoise fairy princess went to the nursery at church for the first time this past Sunday because my husband made me take her. I admit, she is getting a little too old to sit in church with us for the mere fact that it is much harder to entertain her during the sermon. But, I just wasn't ready. All service I just kept waiting for her child call number to pop up on the screen, but it did not. When I went to pick her up she was wailing. And, I do mean wailing. Apparently she didn't start crying until other children were getting picked up. Not sure if I believe this?? But, that is what they said. Next Sunday we will try again.

STOP--



I have to tell you that my crazy Mom tried to put my hair in pigtails. I did not like it one little bit, but they sure were cute. You might have to look verrrry closely to see them.


Last night I tried something new. Usually I get up and rock Amelia when she takes her bottle in the night and then when she gets back to sleep we go back and lay down. Last night she took her bottle in bed with me and then I thought I would just see how long it took her to go back to sleep. Umm...one entire hour. Not sure how that happened because when I rock her it usually takes five minutes. Anyway, I feel like I need to somehow be moving toward her being in her own bed and in some weird way that felt like a step. Yes, I need help.

Moving on...have you ever seen a really cute husband? I mean, one this cute? Didn't think so.


And although cute, Ross tells horrible jokes. As in corny. As in, some of them cannot even qualify as a joke, but more of a statement. We had this conversation after one of his "jokes" the other day.

heather: one joke you tell is funny out of one hundred
ross: i live for that one joke
heather: laughing
ross: (in dumb and dumber voice) so you're saying there's a chance?
heather: laughing harder
ross: man, two in a row. i am in for a long dry spell.

:) Have a good day. Oh, and did you know I live with a superhero? Pink capes are so in.



8 comments:

  1. wow...she looks so much older.
    She looks like mini-heather in the stop photo. :)

    Uncle D

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is AWSOME! does she walk or just stand? i didn't think i saw a WALKING annoucement, but could've missed it. she is precious!
    the sleep situation sounds so much like us, don't be discouraged. i just really tried to take advantage of those close times, even when i had a million things to do and wanted him asleep. its hard in the moment though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle D is so ,the stop photo is you princess outfit and all! I love the pig tails,I mean how precious is that.We already knew she was a super hero-ha! She has saved our day - just with a smile! Cute Ross man
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute,getting to be a big shot.Pig tails, nursery,bed to nap.... oh myyyyy, walking all over the house next.
    Love to all,
    Memer Demer

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, and bye the way...I think Ross is not only cute but VERY funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. bye bye oh my....by the way...duh...i love to read my comments. UGH...

    Allie has the right attitude on sleep habits..

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is your little fairy princess! (and Ross) I love her. And those pigtails....oh my goodness, they are adorable!! I can't wait for pigtails. Thanks for the laughs...reminds me of something Josh would say..hehe! Love you all.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaww Ross, I LOVE your jokes!! You always crack me up!!

    Way to go big girl in the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete