Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day

Thanks MLK for letting Amy get off work so that we could go to the zoo! Thanks for more than that, but, you know. Amelia was excited to meet her friend Owen at the zoo and wore her new shirt from Uncle Derek. So funny.
We got to the zoo right when they opened and although a tiny bit chilly, it was great because we had the whole place to ourselves. At first, both kids just hung out in their stroller and they weren't too enthused to see any animals. I think the stroller was impeding their view actually.. The hit of the day was definitely the gorilla exhibit, although Amelia loved the geese and chickens too.



Owen and Amy by the bamboo--looking alike.



Thankfully Amy was there to share info with the rest of us from these signs by each exhibit, such as, elephant have very sensitive skin, some giraffes are endangered and this is signified by white above the knees, and otters have no layer of body fat. So educational.



Meow. My cute cat. This photo above had to be cropped because my pants were unzipped and gaping open showing my underwear. When I got in the car to leave, I discovered this and sent Amy a text proclaiming the news that my pants were unzipped the entire zoo trip. She replied LOL, I didn't notice. Hmm...from the picture, it would appear it was very difficult not to notice.


I loved this day

6 comments:

  1. LOL @ unzipped pants. stuff like that happens to me all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for great zoo trip with special friends!!! Darling-all of you,even though you flashed everyone!
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!!! love the zoo.
    meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super far behind in blog land--I'll have to go back and catch up. So glad you had fun at the zoo. I didn't even get sad looking at the pics! :) Love AC's hat and shirt. Presh.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete