Monday, January 31, 2011

One Month Down

Joanna came to see us all the way from Ohio! Her husband is Ross's best friend Adam from medical school and oh did the two of us have lots of residency talk to catch up on :) We would have loved Adam to join her, but of course he was at the hospital working. Amelia was pretty tickled to see Joanna as well.
Elise was very happy as well..she got to be held anytime she made a peep. And, even when she didn't. (she is obviously unaware that Joanna left because she has been quite the diva since then)It was a short visit, but really fun. Mom came up on Friday so that Joanna and I could take Amelia to storytime and then we brought her back and went to lunch for a kid-free hour. Thanks Mom for your continual thoughtfulness :)

This little lady celebrated her one month birthday while Joanna was here. Amelia sang Happy Birthday to Elise and said "Love you Leese"-- we all melted. About two minutes later she almost clobbered her. She's keeping me on my toes.

Elise is getting up three times a night and doing fairly well in her bed, although she prefers the Fisher Price Sleep N Play (slept a four hour stretch in it last night). She is awake more during the day and was awake over three hours yesterday. And, while it is nice to see her sweet face, it is hard to know what to do with her. She is only content laying and "playing" for a short amount of time and just wants to be held, which is normal, just harder with two that are little. I have a very busy toddler wanting to jump around, dance, and play a million games. And actually, I have done pretty well keeping the guilt at bay and remind myself that Amelia won't remember these days of me holding Elise almost constantly.

Amelia has been great at playing by herself/adjusting to my attention being divided and my love and pride for her have grown immeasurably. She got a reward for this sweet behavior--cozy jammies. She asks each night to wear her cozy jammies-the ones with feet- and she just has one pair. So, I bought her a new pair and she literally jumped for joy. By the way, she is an incredible jumper. As in, two feet fully off the ground.I realize this post is just random paragraphs, but onward I will trudge. Apparently it is impossible to get two tiny tots to sleep at the same time. I have had virtually no luck. Luckily Elise laid still and quiet in her swing while I rocked Amelia (who was up at 6:20 and exhausted). Amelia went to sleep quickly, but I rocked Elise an entire hour before she dozed off and Amelia came running out proclaiming her nap was over (after a blasted sixty minutes) and woke Elise up. Oh how I knew these trials were coming. And, my new mantra is, "This is only a season." I am in a season of no sleep, but a blessed season of babies. Give and take.

Mom, Dad, Steph, Derek, and Ing all came up Saturday and I was pumped. As much as I love going to Harrison, it makes me giddy when they come up here. Steph, Derek, and I went to the mall a while and that was the best. I love malls. All malls. All shopping. Love. We had fun and my family is the creme de la creme. Ross was on home call and wasn't called in all day and got to hang out with us---only to be called in five minutes after Mom and Dad left and he had to stay at the hospital all night. Typical. Mom and Dad offered to come back and spend the night, but I put on my big girl panties. Don't applaud me--all the others were dirty.

Oh, forgot to mention our playdate with Lynna last week. Casiee brought me Starbucks --a frap and coffee cake--and I was in heaven. So thoughtful and just a great time to visit and let the girls play without me having to get Elise out amongst the germs. They probably won't be coming over this week though because we have six inches of snow right now and counting.

Snow day (s) post next. And, unless I have calmed down, an I Cannot Stand Ross's Residency Program post. Stay warm!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the girls,so precious..Altho Elise is still tiny, I can see so much change in her. So blessed to have Amelia for a big sister.
    Yes, snow still stacking up. Thank goodness for snug foot pjs.
    Lucky Joanna is kid friendly.LOL glad u had that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful visit from Joanna with lots of help and fun! Glad Cassie came over also.Girls so precious in outfits and pjs, sweet sissies! You are doing great in the new baby season!Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good long fun post. I almost got Amelia a pair of footed jammies but was afraid that was only a one-time thing. Huh, apparently not! LOL - Too funny!! Elise is growing and becoming more and more precious! Oh guess what! I bought the Fisher Price Sleep and Play AND it now comes in PINK!!! I know you are jealous of Lily now!!! I am hoping it comes in today! Oh and in case you were wondering, 18 days left!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elise in yellow. She looks good in every single color! I can't believe it's already been a month. Love all the new pics. Loved going to the mall with you. Hopefully we can do it again soon. Love you my sissy.

    ReplyDelete