Monday, January 10, 2011

We Did It!!

We made it through night one without Mom. You may not realize what a big deal that is. There was a good chance I was going to have to call her and ask her to come back in the middle of the night. The thing that makes the nights so tricky is that Amelia wakes up often, as you know. And Little Bug gets up to feed inevitably about the time Amelia needs to be patted back to sleep. So, a huge feat for this family. Bedtime was hard because Elise needed to nurse right when Amelia needed to be rocked to sleep. Neither girl went down until 10:30 (a good two hours past regular bedtime), but Ross got Amelia to sleep and I was super proud of him. I was also proud of myself for not freaking out that our schedule was off. Man, I am a schedule slave. While we are at it, I am proud of Bee for not melting down that Daddy was doing bedtime and proud of Elise for rolling with the flow and SLEEPING IN HER CRIB. That's right. We are trying hard to create healthy sleep habits with this one :)

Book time with Daddo before bed

Dad, Steph, DD, and Ing came up on Saturday to see us all and it was exciting to have some visitors. Amy Jo and Bryan stopped by with gifts and stayed to chat and that was SO fun. Also, we had a wonderful surprise and Emily, Adam, and Graham came to see us on their way back to Oklahoma. I hadn't seen Emily since her wedding, over three years ago. What a fun Saturday!

Ross and Amelia are at gym right now. It is her first time to go without me and I am sad. Wah. But, she just said "Bye Mom" and gave me a kiss, lol. I know she will have fun with her Dad and I am thankful he is off most of this week. The days he has to work, G is coming up to stay with me. Yes, I am spoiled rotten. Rotten I tell ya.

4 comments:

  1. Hope gym went well with Daddo! I am sure she had fun. I was listening for someone last night, but no one made a peep here-LOL Such a fun 12 days with my first borns and new baby Elise-you too of course Ross!Love you all to the moon and back as my Aunt Sherry would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it through the night. Tending to babies in the night x2 is definately challenging. There are many times when I am needed in two different rooms at the same time. Stressfull. I just keep telling myself that I will sleep again... someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great Saturday with you! So happy that you got some pics. Wish I had. drats. You did great on your first night. I would say the biggest victory is you not getting upset when both girls were up at 10. Upheaval in schedules will probably happen a lot with 2 girlies, so high-five to you sisso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a schedule slave is not a bad thing, according to me :) Good job on getting through the night without your mom, what a big accomplishment! Praying the tonight goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete