Monday, January 17, 2011

Trippin

We made the trip to Harrison--all four of us--for the weekend and it went well. Amelia got a new "tv for the car" (dvd player) from G and Pa and she watched it the whole way without a peep. Praise the Lord :) Elise slept the whole way. Double praise. It felt neat to all four go somewhere together. Amelia finally got to turn her carseat around to frontwards facing and she was so tickled. She kept saying she was driving, lol.



Brandy and Nathan drove up from Conway to see us at my parents' house. Bran is due in a month and she sure doesn't look it. I envy a tall, slender pregnant gal. Amelia made heart cookies for us to eat and she was quite proud of herself. Nate snuck downstairs to play ping pong with the boys most of the visit, so he escaped the camera. It was a great visit and I am so glad they took the time to come up. Brandy brought a huge valentine bag of goodies--totally spoiling my girls and I. Sweet :) Next time I see her Lily will be here!

The weekend was fun and I had missed being at home. Amelia and Ingrid were hilarious to watch. Amelia is thinking that Ingrid is so big now, compared to Elise, and she kept dancing around and trying to make her laugh. My favorite is when she pretends to be an adult and bend down and talk baby talk to Ingrid.

She has had moments of jealousy over Ingrid and Elise and has been hit with a double whammy of not being the only grandchild and great-grandchild all in one big swoop. I have to say that she is doing pretty well with it and I appreciate everyone's efforts to still make her feel like the stuff, all the while trying to quietly drip love and sugar over Elise. Meme did get punished with no hug from Amelia because she was holding Elise, but she said it was worth it.
Then, Sunday came and along with it, my post pregnancy breakdown of the century. I didn't get to go to church--which started the landslide. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get it together-- long after church was over, and so, it ended up with me coming home with Elise and Ross and Amelia staying with Mom and Dad. I will go Wednesday and rejoin the normal people of the world. For now, I am napping and napping and watching T.V. and reading to Elise and holding her, and napping, and you know...just re-grouping. I will fill you in on said breakdown in next post. You know, because I just can't hold back.

7 comments:

  1. Amelia looks so excited to be "driving" and playing with Ingrid. I love the smirk on Ingrid's face and how she has her finger in Amelia's ear. Boo on the horomonal breakdown, but so glad you are getting some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia looks so big in that first picture and as adorable as ever. Well, breakdown or not, I say good for you on getting some one on one time with Elise. I think that great and hopefully you are getting some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet words Heathy! I just loved sweet precious sleeping Elise!! She's beautiful!!! And Amelia was totally cracking me up!! It was so great to see your whole family!!! I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad u are having time with Elise at home.
    Yes, big deal for Buzzy but she will handle it all ok. They both will have plenty of love,as well as Ing. Brandi looks great !!! Love the picture of you and her..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots on your plate right now. I think you are a total superwoman for it--and I think that a post pregnancy meltdown is inevitable for any woman and well deserved. I am glad that you got to take sweet Elise home and spend some time regrouping with her. Love the picture of Amelia dancing with your mom. Looks like she has some moves. Oh, and cute boots on you Heather. I can't believe how fast you are getting your body back. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I liked Amelia's grin, sitting in her car seat. I think you're doing awesome for handling two so well! I appreciate your honesty in your posts-makes me feel a bit more normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The visit was very nice with Brandy and Nathan and I know they are excited about their little Lily arriving soon.There lots of us to love all three little girls to pieces. you will have hard days but you are a great mom and will continue to be.

    ReplyDelete