Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today

Amelia pooped and informed me of such. "Mom, me pooped."

I changed it.

Elise pooped and informed me of such. "Wahhhhhhhhh."

I changed it.

Amelia peed and informed me of such. "Pee off pease."

I changed it.

Elise pooped again and informed me of such. "Wahhhhhh."

I changed it.


This all happened today in ten minutes. Don't be jealous.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Ross didn't get home until seven last night. He broke me in good on my first day at home with two. Sheesh. Fourteen hours and I didn't even shed a tear. Yahoo. In fact, there was quite a bit of smiling and laughing. You know, amid diaper changing and nursing. Amelia informed me she was "pumping milk out of me boob," and walked around with the pump for quite some time making whoosing noises. Lol. It was hilarious.

Elise loves her Moby Wrap. A few times today she was quite unsettled and only calmed down once I put her in there. Once when she was crying Amelia said, "Put Eese in Mody Wap."

Today Elise smiled at me. Pretty darn sure it was a real smile. Eye contact and all. Maybe?
Today Amelia wanted bright pink toenails and light pink fingernails, and I delivered. Today I did not cry when both kids were crying. I followed Keri's advice of dealing with the loudest person first. It worked. I'm rambling. Here are some pics. Please note the milk all over piglet's face in the second photo.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. Beyond proud really. You are doing WONDERFUL with two. Just like I knew you would. Love that Amelia is so opinionated. Love that picture of her tiny little painted toes. So so so cute. And Elise is definitely smiling. She's just beautiful. And I'm jealous of the moby wrap. I wanted one so bad. But I do love my peanut shell sling. Ing even snuggled up in it today as we carried some of Ash's items out to the barn. Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, two days down now. You are having a good time with your two little ones,that is the way to handle it, how else can you.
    They are so cute and mostly fun,always be a few of those difficult moments.
    Darling pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  3. See it is possible to deal with two crying at once. Not always easy, but possible. LOVE the moby wrap. I cracked up at Amelia pumping. Bentley put a some "booey pads" under his shirt once to be like mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, seriously funny blog!!! I was cracking up at the intro. FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously cracked up at the breast pump story! Whew! That was a good one. Amelia is HILARIOUS!! Terrified of that diaper changing scenario but know you handled it like a champ! Love when you ramble and love Elise in her Apples Outfit!! yay!! She loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for doing awesome like we all knew you could. I mean Amelia is such a riot and now her sissy is smiling too. Cute pictures,love the bright toesies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. baaahahaaa! Deal with the loudest first. This is funny, yet sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one inspiring mom! (with two beautiful daughters ) :)

    ReplyDelete