Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Problem

Too much of a good thing?

Snow way.
Too cold to play outside?

Snow way.

Too little to experience our 9 plus inches?

Snow way.


Too tired and in desperate need of a nap?

Snow way. (Well for Amelia anyway. Elise fell asleep listening to Amelia read. And, Amelia tapped her on the head and said, "Eese, pay tention." Yikes.)


Too much fun to forget that Ross was forced to drive to work in a blizzard?

Snow way.

In fact, I am even more fired up now that he is on call for Amelia's birthday party. Sad, furious, disgusted. Is it written somewhere that doctors have to be treated like crap in order to do their job? Because my husband wanted to become a doctor to help people and be sensitive to their needs along the way. So what if he is a resident---ignoring his request to be off for his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY THAT IS ALREADY PLANNED doesn't seem like the best way to instill camaraderie and encourage one to learn important lessons on interacting with patients. I don't care that it has been like this since the beginning of time, I am calling bull crap. Ross can learn what he needs to learn without having someone blatantly disregard his need for a schedule that is set and family time. UGH. The worst part of it all is that it makes me furious with Ross. And obviously he doesn't set his own hours. However, I have been forbidden from marching myself up to the hospital, so...


The longest stretch Elise slept last night was 45 minutes. I'm a beast today.

7 comments:

  1. Can Amelia get any cuter?
    Snow way.
    Did I think to make delicious snow ice cream?
    Snow way.
    Does "Ees" care that Amelia is a boss hog?
    Snow way.
    Is it okay that Ross is getting the short end of the stick with his ridiculous schedule?
    SNOW WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Snow Way I can top Steph's comments so I will just say, glad you had a great time in the snow. :o)

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. snow way-TOO CUTE
    Guess Gammy will have to visit that hospital
    Amelia bossy with a mom like you so weird-LOL
    They are too precious in their snow suits
    So glad the snow ice cream turned out good this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. You a beast?
    Snow way!!
    That is super sad Ross won't be there! But the party will be fab — and I cant wait to see Amelia at her party!
    - Amy jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay snow! I love snow ice cream and the girls look too cute all bundled up. I feel ya on the hubs schedule. Marine Corp could not care less that Paul has a family and wants to spend time with us. I just keep telling myself one more year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very difficult job to be a first year resident. A lot of stress and hard work and sure need the backing of family at home.Lucky the girls are healthy and precious. You have the support of your family and they are there for you all the time. Thanks to the Lord for your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those owl PJs are soooo cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete