Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Bunny

G and Pa came up for snow day #1 because Ross had to work and I refuse to be alone yet. Hey, don't judge. It's hard :) And, they are close together in age :) And, I am scared for it to be just me :) Anyway, Amelia donned her snowsuit and her and Pa put up a birdfeeder because Amelia has been wanting one forever. Yes, Pa went and bought her one during her nap and surprised her with it. She was thrilled. Here is her sweet snowsuit.

Then it snowed some more and Ross was home for snow day #2. He blew up her new sled from G and Pa (with a tiny, unfortunate hand pump that literally took him 45 minutes) and they were all set to go. I had several heart palpitations while watching him pull her at high rates of speed and after one faceplant in the snow by Buzz I wanted to call it quits. However, she laughed and smiled and said, "MORE."If you will notice in the second sledding picture, she has a professional lean going. As they approached a turn, she would grip the handles and lean the opposite way to keep from wiping out again. Genius.

She had so much fun with barely any snow. I love her excitement :) Elise didn't care that she missed out. Just give her milk every hour on the hour and she's good. WHEW. I am worn out from last night and this morning. She was a nursing machine. At her appt yesterday, she had gained up to 7 lbs 1 oz and the doctor was very impressed. Apparently that gave her a little nudge and she is out to gain even more. Overachiever.... Hopefully she sleeps better tonight.

Oh, I ate a whole pan of brownies. FYI.

My appt was today and I am cleared to hold Amelia and the car seat and drive. Yahoodle de doodle.

Ross Story:

We leave the hospital and Ross says he is going to go ahead of us so that the car is ready and waiting. I thought, "What a gentleman." As we got in the elevator (me in wheelchair, holding Elise on my lap, wheelchair pusher behind me) I looked at the other couple being discharged and thought, "Poor things, he didn't think to go ahead and get the car. Amateurs."

We get to the front door and Ross isn't there. I tell the girl that he is a slow poke and is probably checking the carseat base a million times. We laugh. A few more minutes tick by and the guy has gone and got the car and is already back to get his wife. I'm thinking, "Who's laughing now?"

I am getting antsy and angry--not a good combo. After five more minutes the girl asks me to call him. Don't have my cell phone and she doesn't have hers. I am almost in tears as the lady with the baby that no one is taking home. After TEN MINUTES, she asks if he is at the other door. Umm...other entrance??

We go back up the elevator to the upper parking lot and she is wheeling me at the speed of light and I almost puke all over Elise. NO ROSS. We repeat our earlier conversation about where he could be and then go BACK to the other entrance and find him sitting there with a confused look.

I had seen a million couples go home while I was wheeled all over with my baby on my lap. Thirty minutes later and we leave. I will stop the story now, as what was said once I got in the van isn't important :)

7 comments:

  1. I love the pics of Amelia sledding! you're right-what a pro. :)
    Your hospital story made me laugh. Hard. I can imagine what I would have said in the car afterwards and it isn't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great check-ups for mom and baby!
    I love the snow suit.
    I love she got to sled.
    I love Pa got her a bird feeder as she has watched birds with Meme and pop since she was very tiny.
    I do not love the high rate of speed for my tiny girl.
    Ross taking a long time to show,surely not.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing out loud, that was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy will love this story. LOL
    Such good pictures and with you on the inside.Love the little snow suit..So glad G and Pa came up. Amelia likes to watch the birdies eat.. She loved to go fast when she was a tiny infant in L.R.in laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahahaha!!! Love pic of Amelia and the lean!!
    Yay for doctor's clearance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that snow suit is killer. amelia loves an adventure. not scared in the least. and definitely way advanced--leaning into the ride. the ross story is hilarious. i love you ross!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great action photos!!

    UD

    ReplyDelete