Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Intentions

Amelia has on new pants from Steph and a new shirt from Jen and she is holding her new camera from Gampy. Big sisters get lots of new stuff, lol. She is also showing off her new "trick" here. Standing on one foot and smiling.
There has been a whole lotta sisterly love around here. It is one sided at this point, but I know that soon Elise will be enamored with her lively Buzzy Bee. Amelia wants beside her at all times which constantly keeps me on my toes. I don't want to discourage the affection, but whew it will prove to be exhausting I think.


Amelia spent a good thirty minutes showing Elise how to do tummy time on this mat. "Look Eeeese, look, tummy time." :)

We haven't lived here long---six months-ish and we have made some wonderful friends already. Emily brought us the most amazing spread of food, including sausage balls for breakfast and Ross turned into one I think. Then he kept hinting that we needed that recipe, lol. Her chicken spaghetti was amazing and there was fruit and salad (she remembered the specific kind I like) and then an ENTIRE other meal that we froze. Casiee delivered in the same fashion. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast and chicken casserole, salad, and NO BAKE COOKIES (I hoarded them away).

--let me interrupt and say that I forgot how famished you get breastfeeding. all i have done is eat and eat and eat. i might even be gaining weight. hope these maternity clothes don't get too snug post-baby; wouldn't that be a sight?--

Back to bragging on my friends. There have been many times that I intend to do something nice for someone and don't follow through. So here is to following through and making meals for someone and dragging your kids over to drop it off and driving right back home. Several other people that work with Ross have brought meals over too and we are so grateful. Everyone brought enough for Mom too and we still had leftovers.

And even though Amy lives all the way in LR, she sent me these delish chocolate covered strawberries and when they arrived with her little note, I cried and clapped. Yum.


All that to say that when I get my groove back and am used to being a mom of two (you know, in like a few years, lol) I want to make sure I am purposeful in following through with my good intentions and nice ideas because the impact they make is so profound.

Snow pictures soon of a precious little snow bunny in a pink snowsuit. You will just die--so cute.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Amelia has lots of new big sister things! Being a big sister is special (although I wouldn't know first-hand! haha) And I knew she would want to show Elise the ropes. On how to do everything. So fun. I almost just typed "I can't believe how many friends you've made in such a short time." but that wouldn't be true. I'm not surprised. And I can believe it. You always make tons of friends. I'm happy they all brought you great meals and support. Loveyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for wonderful friends and co workers who have helped out with yummy meals! I love your new trick Amelia Claire!Tummy time pictures are too much for this Gammy made me smile and tear up all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet that Amelia wants to be right by Elise..
    Yum yum, what a good treat. Food and friends,good deal..
    Hey great trick Buzzy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have some great friends, indeed. So, happy that Amelia is getting such a kick out of her little sis. She is going to be such a big helper as the days go by. Those chocolate covered strawberries look delish. :0)

    ReplyDelete