Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Things Continued....

I am in a thankful mood. Both as a state of being mood and a handing out mood. I still need to hand out (much like a shout out, but more 2011) thanks to...

Garrett McMullen----Your visit was a surprise and a delightful one. Thanks for taking the time to come by and visit. Hope to see you again soon.


Ally and Amy--Thanks for being there bright and early with my family to see Elise and I. After surgery I remember being dizzy and sick to my stomach AND excited that you were there lol.

Mom-- Umm. Can't tackle this one yet. It is monumental.

Ross--I have to say that Ross was amazing during the c-section. His last performance was not stellar and I didn't have much faith in him to up his game. (Last time he literally clammed up and couldn't say one encouraging thing). You were calm and informative and helpful during the spinal. I appreciate you telling me what was going on (that is for another post--there was a whole lot going on) and reassuring me that I was doing great. Love you.



Amy C, Kayla, Rebecca, Emily, Casiee, Sherrill, Aunt Sherry, Brandy, Ashley, Jaimi---Thanks for the numerous texts of encouragement and love. I didn't respond to all of them, but I read them and was grateful for your concern. They kept me from falling apart a few times. Don't assume that means I never fell apart. Duh.

_____________________________________________
Ross, Amelia and I went to Open Gym today and it was a blast. It felt great to get out of the house and do something "normal" and in our routine. Man, I am obsessed with routine, huh? I just love to do what we always do. 2011 will definitely hand me a big, fat 'get over it' as far as the routine goes I think. Nevertheless, it was fun and Ross helped Amelia do all her tricks on the trampoline and bars and I just walked around hunched over. Mom stayed with Elise and she was a gem. I nursed her right before I left and prayed she wouldn't be hungry until we returned. SUCCESS!

Amelia wore her new leotard and leg warmers from Aunt Steph. She thought she was hot stuff.


It was such a fun morning. Both girls napped and I should have to, but you remember, the cranky factor of me napping. I think I will give in and take one tomorrow. Elise was up a lot last night and I just kept reminding myself that she isn't even a week old. And that this does not indicate she will sleep like her sister. I am chanting that statement and you can join me :)

Does any of this make sense? My blog might go downhill due to sleep deprivation. Please don't leave us. The pictures are still cute.

5 comments:

  1. Look at you...less than 1 week after having a baby you are out and about. Oh, how things change with baby #2! Love the last picture of you and your 2 little precious girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I will NOT comment on going to the gym.

    A pony tail, soooooooo cute. Love the picture of the 3 of you.Poor little girl says,"hellooooo I am tiny here,duh"

    So glad Nay has been able to stay with you all and now Rossman home also.
    Happy your friends came to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the picture of amelia and ross in her new outfit. so presh presh precious. the leotard is so cute on her. i knew it would be. cannot believe you went to open gym. wild. also cute pic with you and gar bear. lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I love that last photo :) Really I love all the photos. You have such a beautiful family. I'm really happy for you and proud of the mother and wife that you are (though I can sense that you think you fail probably way more than you do)! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious Halsted Girls!! All three of you - you look great alreaady!!

    ReplyDelete