Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy One Week

Elise is one week old today and as sweet as she can be. Small bow for Meme and big bow for Steph.



Elise went and had her one week check up and was up to 6 lbs 8 oz--almost her birth weight! We were tickled with that for sure. She cried the whole time the doctor checked her out. Screamed actually. Other than that, she continues to only cry when she has good reason to, i.e. hungry, poopy, etc. I am so proud of how well she is eating :)

Amelia is showing much love to Elise as the days continue. Wanting her to "go to Target and library" with us. She is giving many kisses and (very hard) love pats. It is challenging when I am breastfeeding to keep her busy with something else. I am having Mom let me practice and it is tough and I get frustrated and have Mom go play with her. Hopefully something will come to me soon. Feeding just takes up a LOT of time when they are so little and the feedings are frequent. This is one of my big worries right now for when I am by myself with both girls.

Mom took Amelia to storytime this morning and she was SO tickled. I have been trying to get her to volunteer to throw the rhyme cube since we moved here and lo and behold they come home and tell me that the pretty princess THREW THE RHYME CUBE. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Here she is applying her lipstick before they left.


Another funny thing is that Amelia will not wear socks to bed and she would never wear footed pajamas. She always wants her feet free and doesn't even want a blanket on them. Her and mom came home from Wal Mart with these pajamas and I laughed hysterically.
She now loves them and said "cozy pj's like Elise." All she has seen is Elise in her little onesies with feet and apparently now she is a fan.

I have been doing really well I think. Not many tears this past week and much less hormonal than with Amelia. But today my incision is sore and my boobs ache like ten pound weights and Ross is getting on my nerves and I feel nervous about Mom leaving and it appears I have it in my head that I am the only person in the world who has had their children a little less than two years apart. So, where do we go from here? To sleep of course.

But first, a story for Kim. We are at a restaurant and the waiter thinks Derek and I are a couple as he is dividing up the tab. Derek is flustered.

D: "No um we aren't together. We are sisters."
W: "Oh, umm okay."
D: "No, no, what I am trying to say is that she and I are sisters."
(I might have spit out some of my drink at this point laughing. I don't help D, but let him flounder and get redder by the minute.)
D: "I am her sister."

You get the point. Bless his heart--he said the same thing every time he opened his mouth. So, sisters we will forever be.


Daddy and Elise

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls! I love Elise's shirt with her name on it! Bentley watched a whole lot of cartoons during those long nursing sessions. Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls indeed! I love the big bow on Elise. She will have some big shoes to fill if she is to keep up with her fashionista sister. Loving the silver shoes on Amelia coupled with the striped leggings and purple shirt. Way too cute. Hope you are feeling like your old self soon. I remember feeling like I had ten pound weights on my chest after J was born, dear lord, that was horrible. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so sweet! I have been where you are, and am just a few months down the road now! With the nursing thing, instead of thinking that Caleb had to be occupied while I fed Lainey, I started nursing her while I sat and did things with him. (colored, read books, etc.) It probably sounds obvious, but it made things much smoother...You are doing great, and things will get much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love small bow and NO bow pictures...She is our little doll, how precious. I am missing time with her, hopefully soon I will get to be holding and loving on her.
    It will go fine, Amelia can do a lot of playing on her own,she is smart and knows Elise needs to be nursed.Love the picture with her and her Daddy !!!! PJ'S with feet,never thought I would see that on Buzzy. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving today's post. So fun because there aren't any bows at my house :). I adore Amelia in the purple headband! What a great story about you sister. Ha!
    Is Elise really that alert already? Crazy. And already posing? Looks like she knows who her momma is.:D.
    Understand about Ross. Shelby said he might start splitting his vacation up into three and four day weekends because he feels like I get frustrated with him if he is home longer than that. We will have to get separate hobbies when he retires and the kids move out so that we can enjoy being together. : D.
    Also. FYI sice Micah has been born I have called my mom a few times to ask her if she was crazy... Will and I are 18 months apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy.one week birthday elise! Aunt steph loves you and misses you and I can't wait to get back up there and see you. Heathy you are doing so good. So proud of you. Elise looks so precious in that outfit! I love monogrammed things. LOVE them. And buzz is feet jammies is hilarious! I remember telling you amelia might not like to wear socks at night because I would die if I had to. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I am still hysterically laughing at the Derek story. I love Derek stories. They ALWAYS crack me up.

    Second, the girls are preshy!! I love Amelia's sisterly love! Too precious that she is changing her ways these days!!

    Hope you get some sleep and that the transition goes better than you think. Love you and Ross and those precious babies!!

    ReplyDelete