Sunday, January 2, 2011

Elise Mae Halsted

Mom of two under two. That's me :) Without further ado...

Elise Mae Halsted. 12-29-10. 7:58 a.m. 6lbs 10 oz. 19.5 in.



I can't believe she is here! I know she is tickled to make her blog debut. She is just so snuggly and has been a great eater and sleeper her first two nights home. I couldn't believe how fast she nursed and her poops and pees have made this mama proud.

Right now, I have had Mom and Dad and Ross's help (surprisingly, it is taking ALL of us lol), but Dad left today and so that will be a transition for tomorrow. He has kept her so busy that she doesn't really even realize what's happening. I can't do much of anything thanks to this incision, and Amelia is taking it well. "Mommy, boo boo, no hold me yet." She understands, but has to remind herself often in order to not get too sad. :( I am doing worse on not being sad, but trying to be a big girl like her. That is the hard part--surgery recovery + newborn + Amelia. I like to be in control (newsflash) and I can't do anything. Obviously I knew this about c-sections, but had wonderfully blocked it out.

Thanks to Steph and D for giving up holiday time at home to rest and relax to come up and take care of kids and spend the night with me at the hospital and make Elise signs and keep me company. Best sister (s) ever. Have I told you the sister story between D and I? I will have to...it's a good one.
Thanks to Meme and Pop who I asked to miss Elise's birth so that Amelia could have two people at home with her that she feels comfortable with and loves so much. That meant so much to me and I was glad to put that worry out of my mind.



More thanks later. More emotions revealed later. More of everything later.

Now. Sleep.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, sleep. Isn't it funny how "sleep when the baby sleeps" only works with the first one. She is adorable. I can't wait to see pics of the sisters together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for pictures and update on Elise! I have been and will keep praying for you and your family. Elise is beautiful, by the way....just precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Mom of two. I love it. I had so much fun being in the big middle of the birth. So thankful she came while school was still on break. Loved spending the night with you in the hospital. Can't wait to get back up there and see my little E-bug. (still haven't thought of an appropriate nickname??) Glad buzz is doing great. Can't wait to see her too of course. And you. And ross. Lovesy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a blessing! she's beautiful and from experience - the first month is the hardest. you'll get through it and be able to enjoy the little moments that make being a mom awesome! :)
    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gammy is having fun with these two girls up here.How about Wiggle Bug?She reminds me actually of a tiny glow bug all swaddled up.Mom and Dad you are doing great.Amelia is doing super for a first time big sis!Miss my other crew,wish you had had the week off.LOL love everyone,Gam

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEWWWWWWWWW SHE IS HERE..!!!! We were glad to be with Buzzy and make her life happy without her family at home. Nay kept us updated on all of the events at the hospital.
    Elise Mae is precious and we love her so much,did before she ever arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious post! Love you Heather!!

    ReplyDelete