Monday, December 27, 2010

Last..

I took a break from blogging for Christmas Whirlwind 2010 and oh my I will never be able to recap the fun. It was neat having everyone come here and I would love to do it again...not pregnant. By Christmas night I was beyond tired. Today is my last day at home with Amelia by myself just doing our thing. Tomorrow is pre-op for two hours and mom is coming up to help me take down all the decorations of fun and Wednesday morning Elise is here. WOW.


Dear Amelia,

I am so glad that I get to stay home with you and have experienced all these days of joy just you and I. It has been so fun to introduce you to songs and storytimes and parks and pallets and walking and talking and laughing. Thank you for being my only buddy at times and for wearing me out and showing me true joy and passion. I know you will be a wonderful big sister to Elise. She will get to experience your energy and contagious smile and zest for life, and for that, she is already lucky. I love you so much and on our last day as just you and Mommy at home, know that nothing has made me happier than to have these special days with you. Even the teething ones and clingy ones and sniffly nose ones. But especially the books, puzzles, painting, and swinging ones. Becoming mom to a Buzzy Bee has been more than I ever dreamed. Thank you my little one.

Love,
Mom


Emotional today, but in a sweet way. Spent our morning with Lynna and Asher and their wonderful mommies and came home to play with our new kitchen from Santa. What a wonderful Christmas for Amelia. She played herself silly and was smothered with love and presents. She ate as many sweets as she wanted and behaved like a Christmas angel. Ross was home four straight days and we couldn't have gotten a better present. I wish I could post 1000 pictures, but here are some of my favorites.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun time we all had!!! Thanks Heather for Christmas Eve and thanks to Jenn for Christmas Day. Unusual for us to not be in Harrison,but worked at great. We have exciting time ahead,can't wait to meet Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful letter to our sweet Amelia Claire,we couldn't ask for a better big sister for Elise.She will fill her life with joy just as you did Stephanie Michelle's.
    We had a wonderful Christmas and are so thankful we all got to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a wonderful wonderful Christmas together. I loved it so much. I didn't think the holidays could get any more exciting but maybe they are as a mom. I loved having it at your house and I loved our day together on the 23rd. It was great fun. I know Amelia will be a wonderful big sister. I can already see it with her cousin Ing. I have prayed that Elise will look up to Amelia the way I look up to you. They will be best friends. I loved your letter to the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are cherishing every last "alone" minute with Amelia. You are such a great mother and both of your girls are so lucky to have you. I am praying for you and Elise tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete