Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zombie

Amelia seriously loves monsters. It is kind of strange. She wants to see mons mons everywhere we go. And of course, each store has delivered with tons of Halloween decor. Since she keeps waking up a zillion times a night and demanding I come in her room, Ross had a great idea. "Maybe we should get a scary monster that lights up and makes awful noises to help get her back to sleep." LOL. I laughed so hard because that would probably work.

Storytime continues to be so fun. The lady in charge does such great songs and Amelia's current favorite is "Finger Pop" and we sing it constantly. I love how she sits on her carpet square and listens to the story and I so hope that she loves literature forever. Here is a pic of her and Lynna, neither one looking at the camera, but cute anyway.

Oh, we sang a new song about a train on Wednesday and Amelia stood up and screamed, "NO, NO," before I could stop her. She obviously was not a fan and covered her ears during the song. Hmmm. Diva.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for a regular appointment and another ultrasound to see what I am having. Hopefully we will get a clear shot so that we can start planning a nursery. Hopefully! Either way, I just love getting a peek of my little one and we continue our prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Amelia has started wanting me to lift my shirt constantly and "look" at the baby. She feeds snacks to the baby (tries to cram them in my belly button) and gives the baby toys and pats and tickles her. It is beyond precious. She told the worker at Kohls, "Mommy baby stomach."

It was really cool outside on Tuesday and Amelia swang in her new swing for two hours. I was bored OUT OF MY MIND. I constantly asked her if she wanted to get out and play something else and she didn't. We kept swinging and singing and every doll got a turn to ride about 400 times each. And yes, we swang in Dora pajamas, a jacket, funky purple socks, and a pink and white hat. Fashionista.


Then when I pried her out of swing and let her run around and play for another hour and let her go back out when her Daddy got home, I must have overdone it. She woke up with a snotty nose and watery eyes. Eeek--allergies. I don't have allergies and never even think about not letting her stay out when there are high allergy counts. Poor little one has had to stay in the last two days and I got her some allergy medicine to try.


Ross has almost survived his first week of crazy Inpatient Medicine--only to be greeted with a full weekend of call. Poor guy. Counting down until his first vacation in a few weeks. We are going on a road trip to visit sweet little Caleb (who is still in his Mom's stomach) and to see the Carter's. I am so excited.

6 comments:

  1. That little Lynna is so cute,love her outfit.
    Hey, nothing wrong with a girly girl liking bugs, spiders and monsters,oh did I mention cowboys and indians. lol
    Get lots of good laughs from Amelia and her daily events.
    Allergies,NOT GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness they are darling darling at story time!Poor allergy girl,Gammy is sorry.I know you are excited about your little getaway.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo allergies. Hopefully, they will go away soon so you can get back outside. Praying for a great Dr. appointment tomorrow and that you will find out what Baby H is, so I can stop calling "it" baby H! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for doctor appointment today! I MUST find out. I can't wait to start on the nursery plans. FM is calling my name. I love the pics at storytime and swinging. So fun. Loveyou

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. EXCITING to see what the baby will be! it was hard to wait for this one, and still is, but i'm glad we didn't fine out now that it's so soon. however; if no. 3 ever makes an appearance i WILL find out for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete