Saturday, September 11, 2010

Twenty Seventh Year

My sweet Rossco has done a lot of great things these last 26 years, but here is hoping that year 27 is even more fruitful. Happy Birthday Babe! I love you loads and I continue to be very proud of the husband, dad, and employee that you are. His birthday was on Thursday, but we have celebrated since Wednesday night so this is the Birthday Recap Post.

Wednesday night Barbara showed up with gifts, cake, and a balloon. Ross was surprised and she brought us delish BBQ for supper.


Amelia was ready to tear into that present.



He was so pumped--it was the Keurig Coffee Maker he has been wanting for like three years, ha. Now, people can buy him the little precious coffee pods to fill him to the brim with caffeine.
http://www.keurig.com
G brought Amelia her own special Dora cupcakes. She was in chocolate heaven.


Then, we spent all day Thursday making Ross signs for his birthday. Amelia was so excited. She doesn't get what a birthday is per se, but she knew it was something big and that it involved cupcakes. She asked for a "Dorda cucay" 167 times that morning :)


She couldn't wait for him to get home and see her signs. We of course had another Dora cupcake for dessert after supper and she couldn't take her eyes off it for a picture.


After more chocolate (sheesh) I remembered I had gotten some of those cheap water capsules that turn into a foam animal for Amelia. She sat and waited as patiently as she could (poking them a few thousand times and spilling mountains of water on the floor) to see what the animals were and then squealed with delight. A package of 18 for $1---perfect.

Friday I made Ross a yummy dinner (stay tuned for dinner disaster post) and we got invited for ice cream with the Hahn's. They bought our delish treats and we got to hang out and visit. Oh how we love their company. Amelia is forever smitten with Asher and, I might have a little girl in tow that loves Micah as well. We just don't know! I don't have a picture of him for the blog, which is ridiculous, but he was a three week old angel while we ate our waffle cones.


This morning I let Ross pick what he wanted to do (see how ridiculous this birthday thing is..still dragging on to Saturday) and he said he wanted to go to the zoo. Oh it was the perfect overcast, breezy morning and we took Amelia's wagon for the first time. She could see much better and loved having a full 360 degree view. If I don't have his help, I will take the stroller because the wagon is not that easy to push up and down hills, but Ross did great and Amelia was pumped. We fed the giraffes and this was her first time to actually give them the cracker. She wasn't scared! And, of course, we had cotton candy after our picnic lunch. Yum.


Now, Mom and Dad are on their way here for our Birthday Date Night. I am so excited. But, after this, there is no more birthday anything for Rosebud. Enough is enough, right? Afterall, I don't need to remind you of my birthday breakdown, do I? ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love the yum yum treats Amelia got.lol
    Rossman deserves many b/d celebrations.
    Glad he continues to have a fun time.
    Great blog and pictures,go G..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big is that girl feeding the giraffes??? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for dragging birthdays out,my favorite thing to do-lol Glad G started it off with a bang! I like to call the birthday card for like week if possible lol
    Amelia looks precious in all her photos and I am so glad it has been a great week overall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for long, drawn-out birthdays! i love it. happy birthday to my brother ross. even though i'm sure he won't read this. haha.

    steph

    ReplyDelete