Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ohmy

What a ride. After the stomach bug finally left our house last week, we had to go to the Emergency Room. Yikes. Oh, and then we turned around and came home without going in. Yikes.

Amelia is not a good sleeper. Never has been. She still wakes up three-six times a night and I always have to go in her room and pat her back to sleep. Sometimes I lay on the floor beside her to get her to doze back off. It's not that big of a deal because I am used to it and she is so precious during the day that this is a trade-off :) She had been sleeping quite restlessly the last few nights, but on Thursday night she woke up screaming and crying and I couldn't pat her back to sleep. I picked her up and she continued to cry and scream. Within the first five minutes I was nervous because this was so uncharacteristic. I turned on every light in the house and offered her food, drink, toys. I tried to rock her. She was crying and screaming all the while. I tried to take her outside to sit in her special chair on the deck. I tried to rock her. Still screaming. I asked her if her stomach or teeth hurt and she said no. It was so pitiful. Ross tried to feel her stomach and see if he thought it was appendicitis. I sat her down and she fell to the ground unable to walk. We were panicked and after forty five minutes of this we headed to the ER. It is scary just to type because we couldn't imagine what was wrong with her. Amelia is very easy to reason with and to understand, yet we were helpless in this situation and she could offer no clues.

With Ross's medical background, his mind jumped to a few very serious things that it could be. I cannot pronounce them or spell them, but he explained them to me and I almost passed out. SO. SCARED. Ross is the calm one and when he was worried, I became crazy worried. However, we get in the car in a mad frenzy and Amelia says "trip" and stops crying. She claps and chants "Gammy and Gampy." At this point we are so puzzled. The doubling over pain has obviously stopped. She now thinks we are on a midnight drive to Harrison and she is pumped. Weird. Ross called Shelby and asks him some questions and for some sound advice. We got to the ER and decided to turn around and go home and just observe her. The tests for what Ross suspected it might be were very painful and it was going to be a nightmare to subject her to them.

We get home and she is limping like a ninety year old. She is dragging her leg, but playing away. Ross decides it was a muscle cramp or severe charlie horse. He felt a knot in her muscle and we tried to massage it out and she quit limping. How insane was that ordeal? We went to bed at two and I watched her most of the night, just knowing she would have another attack. Mom, Meme, Pop, Dad, Steph, and Derek were all up getting updates--thanks for praying guys.

The next day she was fine and Mom came up and played with her. I took a three and a half hour nap and went to bed at nine. Whew--sleep deprivation at its finest these last few weeks and our newborn is not here yet :)

Thanks Mom for savvvving me on Friday. G swung by too and brought Amelia a bug-catching set. My child loves bugs and she has already had so much fun catching grasshoppers with her Dad. I do NOT do bugs. Mom came back Saturday and Steph, Dad and Ingrid joined her. We had a wonderfulll day. I am still in my pajamas here, but look at these cutie cousins.

The girls shopped and had a blast. I love the mall. And, I really love it when I am with Mom and Steph- my shopping peeps of preference. Amelia got to have an ice cream cone in her stroller. She was quite proud of herself.



The guys did some chores. They put up Amelia's new swing! G bought it for her and Amelia was in heaven. Now we can swing and swing at home. Thanks G--and thanks Dad and Ross for installing it.


Wednesday at storytime--Amelia walked up to get her sticker all by herself. HUGE deal for this shy lady.

Thursday--Perhaps our last delicious shaved ice of the Summer.

Sunday-- Amelia went to the nursery today at church, but cried most of the time. After our MOPS disaster and the small group disaster (which I can't bring myself to write about at this time) we were just proud that she allowed Ross to walk out the door without scaring the workers. She has regressed a little on her progress with staying with strangers, but we will continue to work on it! I am trying not to stress about it and just stop comparing her to kids that get dropped off with a smile. Trying. At least she looked cute and we had a great service.

Sidenote: If the 40 year old man with the teenager sounding orange truck does not stop working on his engine and flying up and down our road to test out how it sounds, there will be a severe scene between a pregnant lady and said 40 year old man. My child is napping. Please--do not go there.


I guess I am done. Not really, of course, as I could go on for days. But, I'll spare you.

4 comments:

  1. Wowser, poor baby!! That would be so scary!! Take a Sunday nap, they are the best! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures.
    Yes, it was a ordeal on us all. Glad Renee stopped me from calling Jenn to meet u at ER,also glad you went back HOME. lol
    The main and only thing is, Amelia is fine and dandy. Thank the Lord for that.
    She is a cutie and did fine at her nursery time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thankful our Buzzy Bee is fine!She is cute as can Bee! Look at those precious girls!They were shopping troopers while we searched for bargains.We had such a fun day.She couldn't wait to show off her bugs she caught.:)One thing about it,you are still use to getting up so that will work out.I remember a little girl who was still getting up when her sister was born and she was 3.:) Luv you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that is scary! I guess in 15 years you will miss her being little and having to pat her to sleep. I love how proud she looks of her ice cream. I'm sure that wasn't messy at all.

    ReplyDelete