Monday, September 13, 2010

Community

Date night was fun and included Starbucks and Target--two almost forgotten luxuries!! I love this guy. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming up and watching Buzz for us.

Last night we had our first community group meeting and it went well, despite me being nervous about a million things. The way the group works is that the kids play down in the playroom and one couple per week rotate down there to watch the kids. I like this option better than dropping Amelia off at the church and then meeting in someone's home because I feel I will better be able to focus knowing she is downstairs. This was the reason that we quit our group at New Life after Amelia was born, so I am pumped that this one works this way. Another thing different about this group is that we will all work together to pick a mission focus next week. It will be something that we are all passionate about that will help the community in whatever way we pick. I am excited about it :) There are about six five year old boys who were wild last night at the meet and greet (perhaps that is just a five year old boy?) but Amelia didn't seem to mind. She laughed and clapped for them...

Today was open gym with Lynna and Asher joined us too :) The kids had so much fun on the trampoline and beam and mats and slide. Not a single picture because I was getting my workout in by them everywhere. Amelia even did the rings today! Lynna and Asher are seriously so precious and I am happy Amelia has some friends to play with regularly.

We then came home for a picnic outside. This little table is one of the best things Mom ever got Amelia. It is the perfect size for almost everything we do!
A few other things...

- Mom and Steph--remember this ladybug dress with matching purse you got Amelia at that garage sale? It fits now and she wore it to church!

- Although having a child brings about natural worry, my overall anxiety about umm life has decreased since having Amelia. My devotionals are helping tremendously and when I do get overwhelmed with the sadness and tragedy of this world and the "what-ifs," it seems that God brings a word directly for me to hear and I haven't really experienced that before. For instance, I was very distraught last night with the news of someone's child passing away from leukemia and as I read the mother's thoughts on her blog, I could not stop sobbing. I think that is okay. It is okay to grieve for others--necessary even. However, I usually dwell and fester and worry and turn innocent sympathy into evil fear. But, I dried my tears, said a prayer, and went to bed. Today, my devotional had this word for me, "Today is all we can live. So let's celebrate. It's one like no other day we have ever lived." It is a simple concept, but one that seems complex to me. So, you mean I can't already live tomorrow? Nope. Just today, so go for it. Do one thing, no matter how small, that celebrates today.

- I have to work on the above continually. Just as a side note.

- I am getting my hair done tomorrow and a pedicure on Wednesday. Just call me a diva.

- Too lazy to proofread this

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for date night!Yeah our time with Bee!Yeah lady bug dress! Boo no pictures of gymnastics!Yeah community group!Yeah working on anxiety with the Lord's help!Sad-Peyton's friend passing away,prayers for their family.Yeah Diva-LOL Love everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of the adorable garage sale lady bug dress. Too cute. Love the table. We use ours always. Perfect for picnics!! :o)

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete