Friday, September 3, 2010

Perfection

So, the tornado warning, power outage, thunder shaking the windows, and intense lightning were no fun last night. None, at all. But I just kept thanking the Lord for our basement and man, I meant it. Thanks Meme for keeping me updated on the weather when the power went off! Amelia was not happy at the lights flickering and said, "NO FUNDER." She went to bed late when everything finally dissipated. However, this caused her to sleep until 8:45 and the weather was a beyond gorgeous 64 degrees when we awoke.

And guess what? We had a most fun morning.

The day at the Farm Park was amazing. We stayed three hours and Amelia would have totally skipped nap if that would have been an option. She chanted Lynna's name all the way there and they went straight for the tunnels.



AND if that wasn't excitement enough, Asher made a surprise visit. Amelia has not seen him since his new baby brother arrived. She was quite tickled and followed him all over the playground. Look at this sweet little Micah!



Emily was looking wonderful only two weeks post birth and it was so fun that they joined us for a while. Here are all three kiddos heading to the barn to look at the animals. Precious.


Amelia tried to "meow" this cat out of hiding and eventually got to pet him. Victory.
I so prefer farm to city and just being outside on this perfect day watching Amelia's delight at the animals was one of those moments where I could not dream of being anywhere else or doing anything else other than be her mom. That might not sound like much, but this is coming from someone who never wanted to stay home. Ever. And from someone who struggled with the isolation from the working world for a while. But today, it literally was all I could do to not just yell out, "THANK YOU" and burst into happy tears. I didn't want to scare my new friend though :)
This guy came over and let me pet him and gave me my first cow kiss. He was so sweet.We had a picnic lunch and then fed the ducks. They cleaned us out of food and the girls had a great time feeding them. Amelia quacked for about five minutes after we left. Then, she kept telling me she was a duck. Lol.
Friend Hugs :)Friend hand holding :)



It was fun. Super fun. If you come see us, we will take you to the farm park. Deal?

Oh, Steph, enough pics of the day? Hope so!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for Asher visiting farm park too! Yeah for Lynna! Micah looks precious,soo tiny. Thanks for sharing this wonderful day with us.It looks like it was a huge success.The picture of the three of them holding hands and heading out is too much!I am sure my precious Amelia Claire said More Laler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you and Amelia, and think the one of Amelia and Lenna on the saddles is too cute. What adorable girls. The boys aren't too ugly either but I am biased.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day. So happy Amelia has these precious friends to hold hands and play with.
    Micah will be right in the middle of them before you know it. Of course it all made me cry, that is me. Thanks for sharing such a fun day with us. Lynna is so adorable.
    I know getting to see Asher was so exciting for Buzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such an amazing day visiting the animals and having a picnic. I love those, I It's great staying home with my kiddos moments. Love the picture of the three walking off holding hands. Way way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those tiny silver shoes.....and hand holding. Fun farm day. You guys should make a visit to Garrett's farm, cows and horses and a dog! :) love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely love the pics! good job. this looks like the most fun place ever invented. i loved hearing amelia's animal sounds on the phone after you got back. sounds like she had a ball. so fun. loveyou

    ReplyDelete