Thursday, September 2, 2010

NOT Too Cool For School

Well...we bought a van :) No pics on camera and too lazy to walk out and get any but some will appear soon. This was a total shocker and ended up being at the EXACT price we were looking for. Such an answered prayer. 2010 Silver Town and Country. Big Pimpin'...seriously. I love it and it drives great. Amelia says, "new, new," and so far has ridden in it great.

Order of events.

Monday night-- After three months of leads and failures, dealer is on phone right at closing time and says if we go to Harrison to buy the van TOMORROW that they will match our price per month that we want. We say deal!!!

Tuesday morn-- Mom drives up to watch Amelia (yes, she constantly bails me out). I drive to Harrison to buy van and do insurance stuff. Sneak a lunch with Dad and Steph. Drive van back to Springfield for OB appointment. (heard my little one's heartbeat again--measuring good) Then, take Ross the paperwork for him to sign on van. Head home. Mom takes paperwork to dealership in Harrison to confirm sale. WHEW.

Wed-- Play inside. Got 8 + inches of rain. Don't get out of pajamas. Tirreeed.

Today--Teacher meet and greet for Amelia Claire! She is starting MOPS on Thursdays at a church in town and today she got to meet her teachers and see her room and play with some kids before it officially starts in two weeks. She was a little nervous this morning when I told her we were going to school today. This was it as far as smiling went.I was nervous too and hoped that she enjoyed herself. Turns out, the teachers were fabulous and seemed so delighted to meet her. I stayed in there with her as she played and one of them suggested I try to slip out to see how it would go when I really left her. She did wonderful :) Loved it and when I went back in there to get her to go home she said, "Cool Layler?" I said yes my little peach, you can go to school later. YAHOO. We shall see if it goes as smoothly next time, but it was a great morning. She is really into getting to do something for a reward or a treat and so we blew some bubbles before lunch.(she has only blown an actual bubble once...mostly she slurps at the wand..gag)It is really good for me to have a child who is reserved going into new situations because I am honestly not ever that nervous to meet new people and can talk to a wall as we all know. I have discovered how sensitivity should (and can) be executed in its finest for those that are slow to warm up or need some extra love entering into situations that don't seem scary to me at all.

Tomorrow we have big plans to go to a farm park that is FREE. Hope the weather is beautiful and the animals come out to see us. We are going with Amelia's new friend Lynna (daughter of someone Ross works with) and her mom. A picnic is involved, so you know it will rock.

8 comments:

  1. Precious pics again........I'm sure she'll love school, look at her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for loving school! i'm so proud she did such a great job. a relief for you, i know! the bubble pictures are precious. especially in that lion dress. i'm so jealous of a farm park. that sounds so fun. take lots of pics please. of the animals. and amelia. and lynna. in that order. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those first three pictures of our lion dress girl! I mean she loves her new van and her new school.So glad you found the MOPS program.It will be nice for you to be right there in the same building with your small group while she plays.Thanks Amber for inviting her.Tomorrow sounds like a blast!Yeah for new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about your new van. Can't believe they called you with such a great deal!! God's is amazing, huh?! I'm excited to see the pics too. Hope you don't wait too long. Love that lion dress. Amelia and those blue eyes of hers are just beautiful!!! Don't let her slurp too many bubbles, she might blow them out the other end. hehe. :o)

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO...Good "Cool" day.
    Be fun day tomorrow I am sure. Glad she has a little girlfriend now.
    Cute pictures of our Buzzy..
    We are proud you have a new van to drive all over Springfield...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a van! I'm still loving mine. It's so nice when my hands are full with bags and Chance's carseat to push a button to open the door. And it sits low enough that Bentley can climb in no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious baby! Yay for vans! Yay for "cool"! And yay for bubbles!!! Awesome!! Getting soooooo excited to see you on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel a big pimpin in the van video coming soon...
    UD

    ReplyDelete