Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Gam and Gamp to the Rescue

After the fiasco with Lynna, Amelia wanted to call Mom (and Meme and Steph) to see if it would help her feel better, but when I got them on speaker phone she bawled hysterically. At first I thought that was weird, but I do that too. Do you? If I am shaky and on the verge of tears (granted, she was already crying) and I hear my mom's voice, I just go ahead and lose it. Same goes for a hug from my dad when I am trying to hold back tears. Anyway, Mom and Dad were taking her to a motel for her birthday to swim in an indoor pool and Mom decided to move it up to that very night. In a spontaneous and whirlwind event, we loaded up and met them in Branson.

Amelia wanted Elise to come too and swim for a while. She is really wanting to include Elise on all things lately- even if the outing is designed just for Amelia to have some time by herself. The place was incredible--- a huge indoor water park. I was shocked and Amelia's jaw dropped. We were expecting a pool and there were five pools and a lazy river and three kid slides and a big slide and on and on.

Amelia ran off with Mom, so I didn't get many pictures of her, but she had a ball.


Elise was pretty timid at first, but she warmed up to the idea and started having a good time splashing around. I think her favorite was snuggling with Gampy though.

The motel had a little restaurant downstairs that was fast and yummy and after we ate Amelia went back for more swimming and Elise and I went home. She had a special time and slept until 8 the next morning!!!! Really late for one of my kiddos, haha.

Thanks Mom and Dad for loving my girls so much and for being such a powerful part of their lives. And you came to the rescue for Elise and I too since Ross was on call and we ended up having a great night with you guys. Love you so much and all the sacrifices that you continue to make for our family don't go without notice.

4 comments:

  1. Whew! Been holding my breath for the happy ending to the story :). Love:Amelia wanting to include Elise, Elise's beautiful grin, the thought of such a fun hotel ( I wanna go!), and the fact that you got some fun even though Ross was on call. Love u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Castle Rock,Sarah. It was very fun for them.Not too crowded in the off season,or it wasn't that week-end. We had a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to go! This place looks awesome. Love the suits on the girls! So cute? That picture of dad and Elise? Please! So Presh. Mom and dad are super heroes. Without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than any superheroes I have ever seen or heard of! My heart was just breaking for Amelia - so glad there was a happy ending!!!
    Pippo can sure appreciate all that special Love going on :)

    ReplyDelete