Sunday, February 26, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

So, it is actually Oscar Sunday, but I totally forgot to post this. And, it was a very important moment in the Halsted family's life events: Amelia's first go-kart ride.

We went to Incredible Pizza on Super Bowl Sunday after naps for the girls and a long nap for a post-call Daddy. I have to say, I LOVE their pizza. It is delish. I cared nothing about the Super Bowl and even though Ross would have liked to watch the game, he went with his girls to have some fun. The game was playing in the background and Amelia was into it. "I love football," she says. Haha. She was very scared of the commercials and had to turn the other way. We watch all our cartoons on demand and so she had never seen a real commercial. Precious.

The games were fun, but Amelia was really curious about the Go-Karts. I assumed she wasn't tall enough, but lo and behold she was. Even though I instructed her Daddy to drive on the OUTSIDE and to go very SLOW, he drove on the INSIDE and went quite FAST. Amelia had a huge smile the whole time and loved it.



They won a first place ribbon and she fist pumped as they came across the line. Hilarious.



She wanted to wear her ribbon to school for Purple Day the next morning. Proud of herself, that one.

2 comments:

  1. Go Rossman, I say drive to win. LOL
    So darling in her purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO for the go cart racers! WOOHOO for Daddy spending time with his girls,which he gets so little of.WOOHOO for big smiles!WOOHOO for purple!

    ReplyDelete