Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waiting

My Dearest Elise,
Yesterday's appointment was tough. I wanted the doctor to dismiss us and exclaim that there was no need for any further testing and send us on our way. However, I knew deep down that he wouldn't and even through the tears, I am glad that he has ordered the MRI and CT scan so that we can make sure your brain is as perfect as Mommy knows it is. You charmed him of course, flashing that traffic stopping smile. We are not sure when you will have your tests but many people are praying for great results with no abnormalities so we can put all of this behind us. We are so thankful for the faithful prayer warriors in our life.

I have been very upset and comforted at the same time.

I am upset because I don't ever want you to have to go through anything or ever be in any pain or have anything "wrong" with you. I don't want anyone to make fun of you or for you to feel less than the most beautiful girl in the world. None of these things are preventable and this is just a big reminder of such. Your dad prayed a beautiful prayer last night and it reminded me that you are God's child and he loves you even more than we do. Crazy that someone could love you more than me, huh?

Comfort has come in the form of hugs, texts, emails, and phone calls. It has come in resting in Him. It has come in the sun shining this morning and a full day of playing ahead of us.

You are my special girl and I am your biggest fan. Love you so much.

Mommy