Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Apparently, I took a little blogging break to enjoy the sun with my family. It wasn't intentional, but we have been having such a great time together now that Ross is finally off his eight week run on his medicine rotation. WHEW. There has been lots of swimming and sprinkling and sno cone eating and popsicle slurping and just good ole playing. There is just something about Summer :)



Elise has been snoozing in the swing while we swim. Or chilling in her Exersaucer in the shade. Or hanging out in the Moby. Or just being happy and adorable.

She loved the water that had been sitting in the pool warming for a while. Please excuse the unflattering, scary angle of me. Focus on the precious kids. Thanks.


So many memories in the past week that I just want to bottle up and remember them forever. Elise's chunky white legs. The grape popsicle dripping off Amelia's full lips. The shriek of joy when the new pool was blown up. Followed by eighty more shrieks. Elise's hand wrapped tightly around my finger as she "swam" for the first time. The joy of this parenting gig is explosive :) Hope your Summer is off to a fabulous start.

3 comments:

  1. Where is Elise's precious suit?
    She looks like she loves it.
    She says only warmer water please.
    Amelia loves a good popsicle and shaved ice,can't wait to go back when I come.
    What a great pool!!!!!!!!!
    Lynna and Amelia look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh those summer time memories...that's what it's all about. That laugh on your face says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SUMMER. And tons of pictures of my preshy poo nieces. Elise's dimples get me every time. Aghhh--she is so cute. And her naked little bottom in your party pool? Luvs. Amelia is loving summer so much. Makes me a happy camper. What's better than popsicles and sno cones?? Nothing! And Lynna holding Amelia's arm as she went down the slide is perfect. Great post.

    ReplyDelete