Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Best

Church Update: We didn't put Amelia in the church nursery until she was around eleven months old and even then we weren't consistent at all. She still struggles a bit (sometimes a lot) when we leave her, but she is making great progress. For two weeks in a row she didn't cry at all and went straight in to Mrs. Debbie. The fact that this church has the same teacher in her classroom each week really helps. Amelia loves things to be the same and gets bent out of shape if something is different than she thinks it is going to be. Hmmmm. Me too, lol. She also is a big fan of striking a deal. If she acts nicely during Sunday School then I check on her before church and she has the choice to come in with us or stay in her room. So far, she has always picked to come to big church and she has done really well in there. I have just been so proud of her!Speaking of proud, Elise Mae has done wonderful in the nursery also. She has gone three times(since we started going to our SS class) AND she stayed the next hour for church and the worker said she was so happy and precious. Last Sunday and this Sunday when I went in to get her, she was being held while she slept. The worker said, "I couldn't bear to put her down." I wanted to tell her that she definitely would have woken up if she did, but I just smiled and said thanks. What a great job she is doing being away from Mommy. Ross and I decided to put her in waaay earlier than Amelia in hopes that she has an easier time as she gets older.

Ross has missed at least three Sundays at our new church and it was very hard the first couple of times to get everything ready to go without him. However, as I have pushed through, I have been blessed with some special Sundays with my girls. I know this is just temporary and it is important to show the girls that church is a priority even if Daddy is working.

I am blessed and encouraged by our Sunday School class already (even if they tease me for being in a couples class without my other half) and I so encourage you to join one if you can.

Naps are over and it is time to swim in our new little pool.

Oh, a few asked why we switched churches and it was honestly mostly to do with the childcare not being a good fit for us. It is hard to explain, but we feel far more comfortable with the people who are watching our babies at First Baptist Church of Ozark.

3 comments:

  1. The girls look so precious in those dresses from mom. I'm so glad u love your church and Sunday school class. And the girls are doing fantastic. I'll work yo enough courage to take ingrid to the nursery one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your church fit for the entire family. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for a church home and I am oh so proud of you for trying so hard to get two little ones ready and always making it there.Glad this month will be better for Ross and you!Precious little outfits too.Glad her dress is still fitting.LOL

    ReplyDelete