Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mega News

My held at night till she was six months old, wouldn't lay down for a nap until she was one, slept with mommy and daddy until she was seventeen months, finally in a big girl bed but had someone on her floor every night little lady has some news!!!



She filled up her entire sticker chart and stayed in her bed every single night for the whole entire month! This is a big deal for any child, but if you have read my blog long at all, you know of our sleeping struggles with Amelia. She has made such huge strides that I simply cannot contain my excitement. She got to pick out a "mini car" for her prize.

Selecting a helmet proved to be a tedious chore, but she new exactly which car she wanted.

She couldn't contain her excitement as her daddy put it together.
It goes too fast and scares me to death, but this is what her dad promised her, ha.
Thank you to those of you who offered advice, encouragement, and prayer as we went through two years of very little sleep with our bundle of energy. She is doing so wonderful lately and we have started sticker chart number two :)

If Elise continues to follow in Amelia's footsteps, I should sleep in another two years, haha.

Amelia Claire, we are so very proud of you and love watching you drive your car.

5 comments:

  1. Yay good job Amelia! And way to go on scoring an awesome prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting to be such a sap! I was tearing up with pride at this post. Amelia Claire--I am so, so proud of you for staying in your bed. What a big girl you are. I love the sticker chart, love that it worked, and love that hot pink car with the fancy wheels. Good taste Buzz! YAHOO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great gift from mom and dad! Grady was looking while I was reading and said, "hey, I know that girl. She has a cool car." lol.
    Let me just say about your comment that yes Grady & Garon do sleep in. This morning it was 9:30. But the bad part is Grady stays up FOREVER! :-) Garon has been amazing. But I learned after Grady not to spoil him when it came to bedtime. We have NO clue on how to get Grady to go to bed at a decent hour. Even if we lay down with him he just fights it. So I am thankful at least that he does sleep in. Ha!
    Good job amelia!! Love the sticker chart!!
    And yes I am certain Amelia would love that slide pool. Grady loves it. In fact Dan and I have even tried it out a few times. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOOO for my precious girl! She looks awesome in her prize car for sure!She worked very hard for it.I am so proud you have one sleeper now.Just a few more years and maybe you will have two.LOL Proud of Amelia Claire Halsted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sticker charts work, you think,hmmmm,and how did that work.LOL That is what I felt with the boys when Jen did it.It worked.
    She can train her sister to do the same,when the time comes,it is NOT here yet.
    Great little car.Don't know how Rossman will top that one.

    ReplyDelete