Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Bragging

Thought I would take a minute to brag on my girls. Amelia is doing amazing playing by herself lately. I love to play with her and the whole time I have stayed at home, I rarely have her play by herself. This is mostly just because I have always enjoyed how well she plays and it is fun. However, I have read quite a few things on self-directed play and its importance (plus, I now need time to do a few things with Elise) and I have been more determined for Amelia to realize that she is perfectly capable to entertain herself for a few minutes. She has been doing wonderful and I find myself standing at the door (not getting things done) spying on her as she is playing with her dollhouse. By the way, dollhouse is what she always picks to play. I love watching her create games as her dolls march up the stairs to get ready for the zoo or run back down to go potty. Her imagination is so amazing and it tickles me watching it in action. I am so proud of her and cannot believe how big she is getting. My sweet firstborn.

And little Elise is sitting up on her own!! Not for very long and not without some wobbles, but she is definitely sitting up by herself at five months. She is such a sweet little thing, just toted all over the house and outside and to gym and playdates and storytime and she just smiles and goes with it. I love her with all of my heart and I am so proud of her latest accomplishment. She also gets up on all fours (toes and hands) and rocks back and forth like she is getting ready to take off. My precious secondborn.



2 comments:

  1. It has been an eye opener on both girls since they have been here. They are growing up so fast. Amelia's sleeping habits so changed,Elise is taking the btl.great and does so many fun things.Toy playing,trying to crawl,sitting up.hmmmm.. Enjoy it all, goes by so swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smartie girls and fun fun fun!Amelia directs the play it seems to us this week.She loves most everything except not Gampy having to go to bed.LOL Elise is so close to crawling forward,she has gone forward a couple of crawls this week and has hands and knees mastered.She loves the play table here.Precious tooter bugs!

    ReplyDelete