Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just Beachy

We had insanely gorgeous weather. I have been to the beach several times, including my honeymoon, and it always storms/rains, and often blows up a shower every day. We had rain one day, very briefly and other than that we had perfect sunny skies. Ahhhhh.
The water was the most wonderful, refreshing temperature. Very little seaweed. No jellyfish in sight. I'm not making this stuff up--it was awesome. Steph and I are both cold water wimps, but it was no problem for us to jump right in. The guys went way out snorkeling one day, but we stayed closer to the shore. It was fun just riding the waves (and I may or may not have completely lost my bathing suit top one day). There were a lot of walks along the beach, watching people and contemplating that ever popular question, "How are they together?" We made friends with a little family and loved us some Patrick and his little girl Anna Grace. I chatted it up with a mom from Oklahoma.One day I read the entire novel The Help. Which is most definitely one of my new all time favorite books. A fabulous read. I do mean faaab you lus. I also finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Non-fiction is harder for me to get through, but I am glad I read this. Really eye-opening.

We dozed. Sat by the water. Talked. Relaxed. Yep, pretty much heavenly.

This picture makes me laugh so hard. First, I seriously cannot believe I wore a bikini. Second, I have on enough suncreen for five people. It is literally pooling on my chest.

Ross talked me into renting a jetski. My legs are still sore from trying not to fall off. My arms almost ripped into pieces trying to hang for dear life. I should add that I have only ridden a jet ski one time and it was on the lake. Despite the fact that we went airborne when we hit the waves, it was honestly a blast. A very scary blast. I kept screaming, "Be careful. I have two children." As if he didn't know... I rode thirty minutes then swam to safety and Ross picked Derek up to ride.

We stayed on the beach one night until seven and played bocce ball. Steph and I lost, but we gave it a good effort. Fun times were had. Ross broke the law. I fell in the sand and almost peed my pants, err suit. Oh Destin, you were good to us.

Tomorrow the pics shall continue.

5 comments:

  1. You girls are looking good!! Been years since I have seen you in a bikini,you should always wear one with that body. The water looks beautiful. What a fun vacation !! Steph looks darling in the red suit,my fav.of her one piece suits.MORE PICS PLEASE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting caught up on your posts..I loved this one! Made me feel like I was on vacation too :). So fun to be there with Steph I bet! You girls look awesome in your suits...and your stories (especially the jet ski one) made me laugh. I loved The Help too...the ending made me tear up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures of my pretty girls!!!!!!!!! So glad you had so much fun.The jet ski sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are kicking my tail in vaca posts. I need to get busy. Loved your pics. Diff than mine so that's fun. We had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man do you know how LUCKY you are!?!?!?! What an awesome VACATION!!!! Thanks for sharing your fun with us :)

    ReplyDelete