Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out

The restaurant selection on our trip was stellar. We had wonderful dining experiences every night. And there were no interruptions or little blonde angels "finishing" their meal within two seconds. We sat and talked just as long as we pleased. We ate as late as we wanted. Oh it was great. On the last night we decided to rank our restaurants using the following equation: food + restaurant atmosphere = rating. We took this very seriously, discussed it over Starbucks, and here are my results.

Hog's Breath Cafe--Rank #4. Delightful. I had the blackened chicken pasta and I loved it. We had a scary lady sit next to us and as she ordered yet another glass of wine, we contemplated how much wine she had already consumed at home. She was so loud and random. Oh, and the group ordered Crab Cakes as appetizers and I hate seafood.
Bonefish-- Rank #3. I loved our waiter. Robby. He was hilarious and flamboyant and Ross obvioulsy doesn't have a gaydar. The Chicken Marsala was so yummy and I wish I could make garlic mashed potatoes that tasted half as good. I got left out of the appetizer again--Bang Bang Shrimp. The food was all displayed so beautifully. This was the fanciest restaurant we went to.

McGuire's Irish Pub-- Rank #2. Ohmyword. This was so fun. We sat upstairs in the open air dining room. The ocean breeze was delightful, but the DD boobs that were popping out of the lady's dress beside us were not delightful. They were very fun to laugh at though. All nineties songs were playing and for just a minute we thought we were all back in high school. The thing that made my night was that they had brown bread. Very few restaurants serve this and I was losing it when they brought it out with gobs of butter drenched in a honey glaze. Steph and I split a filet mignon and I cannot even tell you how insanely tender it was. LOVED. Ross had a burger with Gouda cheese and the rest of the night he "Gouda Bombed" us with the most horrible smelling gas. I don't know who coined that phrase, but I am cracking up re-reading it. Later that evening at the condo, he clogged the toilet. Some things never change, even on vacay.Hard Rock Cafe--Rank #1. This place won it for me. It was their 40th Anniversary celebration and they were blaring 70's hits and everyone was singing and the attitude was so laid back and vacationy. I ordered the most delicious meal. As in, I could eat it every single night. Twisted Mac N Cheese. A chicken breast on a bed of spiral mac n cheese with a garlic/parmesan/red pepper seasoning. Ahhh, loved it. Derek was convinced he got two 40th Anniversary glasses and we were trying to tell him that he only paid for ONE. There was a questionable moment there where I thought he was going to take two, but as Steph said, he made a, "Good choice."I can't stop doing vacation posts. More coming.

6 comments:

  1. good food = good times. keep 'em coming! cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary Beth, loving the outfits...you need to do a post on all the cutest outfits you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive how you two coordinate on fashion! A sister thing...
    Danny & I ate at McGuire's Irish Pub with our dear friends Sheri & Chip and it was wonderfulllll, makes my mouth water just to think of it. As a matter of fact your post is making me HUNGRY!!!
    You guys are making me miss Florida.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Stacey,their trip was soo fun! Loved the rankings,so yummy they all sounded for sure.You all look great. Could have done without the tmi on Ross.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reliving our trip all over again. We had the best time. And ate the most massive amounts of food. Good ranks--but mine are better! hahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun ranks, great outfits, funny stories. Love reading about your vacay :)

    ReplyDelete