Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wowzer

We had quite the week last week. Amelia got sick on Monday and perked up a little Tuesday and then worsened the rest of the week. It was my first time to have Elise while Amelia was sick. I felt horrible being unable to focus solely on Amelia and hug her and hold her while she wasn't feeling well. She wanted her Mommy and I don't blamer her! Then Elise started running a fever on Thursday, which is super dangerous for an 8 week old. We ended up having to take her to the ER on Thursday night because it kept rising. Amelia went to stay with her Aunt Jen and told me, "Get Eese better." Bless her heart. Thanks to my family and close friends texting me and asking for updates and praying without ceasing, I managed to hold it together relatively well. Elise was determined to have an infection (we are almost positive it is from Amelia since Elise hasn't gone anywhere) and she got a shot of antibiotic and some Tylenol and was free to go home after all her blood work came back great. So, on Friday morning I have two sick babies and my mom heart is breaking. My mom came up to help me take the girls to our regular pediatrician. Amelia's two year checkup was rough--she cried and cried and was so scared. :( AND I found out she had an ear infection on top of it all. BOO. She topped the scales at 24 lbs--my exact weight at 2 years old. A sucker from the doctor helped things considerably.

Elise weighed 10 lbs 13 oz at her checkup and was 21 1/2 inches long. Her fever was gone and the doctor said to just watch her for RSV. Oh, wonderful, we will just sit around and see if this cold develops into RSV. Sheesh. So far she has been fighting the congestion and is still in a great humor. Day five--tomorrow- means we are out of the danger zone.

Amelia went to stay with Mom and Dad for the weekend and Elise and I are here for a night now too. Hopefully everyone will be feeling as good as new by Tuesday. Lots of tears last week and hoping for none this week (from ALL parties involved).
-------------------------------
Okay, now for the good stuff. Amelia had a nap after her family party and then it was off to the gym for her friends to celebrate with her. Amy and Owen drove FOUR hours just to party with us and meet Elise. I am so thankful for her friendship!

Amelia was wound up and ready to play. The kids had such a great time running all over.Thankfully, there was more singing, lol. She was as pleased as she was the first five times.
Amy Jo made a Brobee pinata for the finale. Yes, I said made it. With her own two hands. It was such a big hit and the kids (and adults) loved it. She came up with the idea and volunteered to execute it. Another fabulous friend. The picture won't load, so I will try again next time. In fact, no more pictures will load, so I will try again later and finish the party update.

Just letting you no where I've been. As I said, wowzer.

Oh, and Ross is on nights. GAG.

8 comments:

  1. I have been praying for the sweet girls to get better! Glad to hear the good report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer indeed. It is no fun having sick babies. Will be praying for everyone to get better and for a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are getting better,thankful for that. Have so enjoyed being with them both. We are all very thankful Jenn was there for girly girl. All a scary time but past and on to good days now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your girls have been sick! I know that is so hard! We're praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having so much fun blogstalking you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you guys! So sorry to hear about your sick/bad week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah. Sick was no fun. But I'm so glad I got to see you for a beginning-of-the-week pep up. Nice treat. Loveyou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankful for getting better and time with my girls. Loo at that little gymnast folks! LOVE

    ReplyDelete