Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba

Two years old. This birthday hit me more than the first. Two seems very grown up. And Miss Amelia is acting more and more grown up. So thankful that she still crawls up in my lap each night to be rocked. She had a splendid Saturday full of partying. It honestly was the greatest day ever for her. I know this because she told me :)

Yesterday was her actual birthday and she had a fever and runny nose and just was under the weather. Boo. I was so sad for her. But, I was relieved she had gotten to have all her parties and tried to focus on that as we made it through a rather sad and fussy actual birthday.

Amelia picked a Yo Gabba Gabba theme and I had her Foofa outfit made from Etsy. It turned out so cute and although the show struck me as odd at first, I have come to love her favorite characters.

Here are Buzzy's family party highlights:

Balloons. Didn't have to work too hard for that one, lol. Mom got her these balloons and she honestly has played with them for hours. She loves balloons and wants one EVERY time we go to Target, WalMart or anywhere else that might have a balloon. She loves helium balloons, latex balloons, balloons on a stick, or balloons in book. She said, "These are my friends."

Cake. Well, mainly the singing. Don't get me wrong, the girl LOVES sweets, but she was so captivated by the idea of everyone singing to her. We sang to her at least five times, lol. She kept saying, "Sing to me?" It was hilarious. She even asked me to sing it to her that night as we were rocking. Loves some attention. Family. This girl loves her family. She was so excited to be with her whole family for the day. She talks about them all the time (mostly the men, ha) when they aren't around and was tickled pink with everyone celebrating HER big day. She told me, "Everybody is here!"

Highlights for Mommy:

New Toys. This was obviously a highlight for Amelia as well, but I get so tired of playing with the same ole things, lol. Amelia is a very imaginative player and all her toys get a lot of love. But sometimes, after day in and day out of the same toys, I am ready for something else. I am super excited about these magnetic dress up dolls from Steph and DD. We have already played with them a ton in the last two days.

And, I am excited about these roller skates from Meme and Pop. When it gets nice it will be fun to go out in the driveway and practice our roller derby skills. Cue Jim Croce's song here.

Sisters. Even though this day was all about Amelia--and it truly was--I was tickled that Elise was there (nestled in her Meme's arms through most of the party). I couldn't help but think of all my birthday parties with my sister and oh how I pray these two love each other with such intensity. Soon they will be playing together and I will be begging to join.

Thanks for the sweet presents and all the clapping and singing, family. She had a wonderful party and that is largely in part to you guys.

Friend party up next...

5 comments:

  1. Love her dress. Love her pigtails. Love her face as she's looking up at the ballons. Love her "A" party hat. Love this post. Looks like it was a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recap of her wonderful day. This was such a great party full of great memories. I loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her outfit was great and oh the singing and singing,it was soo funny! She was so excited for each gift and loved her special full day!Cute pics of our special first born grand baby who is now 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love her outfit! Your girls are beautiful and what a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a outstanding job with food,decorations and party in whole.
    Amelia is one lucky little girly girl. Of course I was happy to hold our Elise through it all!!! Keep looking for pictures of that wonderful DOLL HOUSE !!!

    ReplyDelete