Monday, February 7, 2011

FIVE



Here is little miss five week old lady. Elise is awake more and more in the day. This has been a challenge and exciting all at the same time. Thankfully, Amelia has wanted to read her some books and interact with her a lot of the time she is awake and this has helped tremendously. There are the moments though when Amelia looks at me and says, "Pease put Eeese in her bed now." Lol. It hasn't really broken my heart as much as I thought it would because I know that she understands that we can't put her down and let her cry--she just doesn't like it. My sweet almost two year old knows what she wants. Just like her mama.

Elise is following Amelia with her eyes constantly. She is definitely checking out where that big sister of hers is. (probably out of fear right now, but hopefully transitioning into love) Elise hasn't done as much tummy time as Amelia did and that is mainly for my fear of her being trampled, so I am going to have to make more of an effort to do this. She can hold her head up just fine, but isn't holding chest up very often. Several nights in a row she has gone three and a half hours without eating and that is just wonderful! Of course two full nights I have been up with the Bee, but we all know that is the norm.

My little five week old is a great eater and that is such a comfort. She has had a growth spurt the last few days and wants to nurse a ton during the day and I am anxious to see what she weighs at the doctor in three weeks. I have gotten several little side smiles and Amelia has gotten several as well. Actually, Elise smiles more for Amelia than me, which is adorable. I could honestly just eat the two of them up at those precious times. Not so much when poop is spewing out of Elise and a screaming fit is spewing out of Amelia, but you know, life goes on and when the poop is cleaned up and the tears are dried up, I am back to melting.

Here she is before we went to eat on Super Bowl Sunday. Umm, that did not go well. No more restaurants, maybe ever. LOL.

My little tooter bug is pretty fussy in the evenings (just like her sister was). She usually calms down and is up from 8-930 almost every night. That is our time with her while Amelia is in bed. Here she is watching Idol with her Daddy. I love Idol so far this season. I am seriously in shock of how much different the vibe is and how much I have cried. Okay, not in shock over how much I have cried at the stories, but I so love it. Now, if Amazing Race would just get going...

Friday is my six week checkup. Incision is healing nicely. Stomach flab is definitely not shrinking nicely. Disappeared much quicker with Amelia, but I just haven't worried about it due to lack of sleep/time. However, I will get the all clear to exercise and will have to decide how in the world to fit that in. Right now I am not even fitting in my devotionals so it appears I have some prioritizing to do.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THE BLOG!!!! Great pictures of the girls also. Looks like Elise is holding her own paci in.LOL Amelia will keep everyone lined out !!! You are looking great Heather,HELLOOOOOO only 5 weeks gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks has gone by so quickly to me. Love the new pics of Elise. Glad she's doing so great. And you look awesome. Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious photos of the sweet peas!I can see where tummy time might be a struggle with a wild Bee buzzing around LOL ! you look great and are doing great with your precious girls. 5 weeks old what a big shot!Her eyes are looking brighter and brighter! Ready to give them both a big hug!

    ReplyDelete