Thursday, February 17, 2011

Piling Up

Steph gave me a ton of Ingrid's clothes that she has already outgrown and I was so excited to go through them all and get them put away in Elise's room. I dumped everything out and Amelia immediately started making two distinct piles. I let her work a minute and then I asked her what she her two piles were. She said, "cute and not cute," and went back to work. I laughed so hard. Mainly because these clothes are ridiculously cute and partly because she is such a little stinker.We went to the Farm Park yesterday AND Amelia's Aunt Jen came over to play. It was a fun day for her and she kept telling me, "Me so happy." I love that she is starting to express her emotions in simple sentences. Even the fitful emotions. For instance, when I told her there was no orange juice she said through thousands of tears, "But me wanted it VERY bad." I can't believe her birthday party is THIS weekend. She is turning two. Two of the most incredible years of my life.

Whew. More on that later.

Elise screamed the entire 24 minutes to the Farm Park. Joy. Really? Another car screamer? If you have been following this blog long, you know that Amelia screamed pretty much everywhere we went. But I put her in her Moby wrap and she slept the entire time. Through the excited squeals about the animals, through me yelling at Amelia to NOT pull the tail of the barn cat, through me climbing up with Amelia to do the highest slide and then deciding to slide down instead of traverse back down the ladder...asleep..through it all. Sweet cheek lady.
I love this next picture of Casiee and Lynna looking at the sheep and Amelia sprinting after that darn cat, lol.

Must go watch Idol. Because I love it again. Insane amounts.

5 comments:

  1. The sorting clothes story is beyond funny. She's so smart. What two year old can think to sort objects based on something as abstract as "cute and not cute." I love her so much. The farm park looked like a blast today. I really want to go back. Ingrid was so much tinier then...

    Idol was AWESOME. lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that sweet Elise in her moby wrap is too much and her cute mom.That barn cat was so glad someone picked him as their favorite.LOL Two piles come on-would have been fun to see what she thought was not cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart girl indeed. I love that she is so anaytical. Her reasoning skills will serve her well. Oh, and, Idol is AMAZING this season!!! I wasn't sure if I was going to like it this season without Simon, but is turning out to be my favorite seasons yet. I am loving Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler. Way cool. That one kid that blew everone away at the end and then collapsed in tears in his parents arms made me cry like a baby. Much to Justin's horror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD DAY. Glad Jen could be with the babies while you did your shopping.I know Amelia had fun playing with her. Elise will be on the go each day before long. Can you believe the cheeks.LOL So cute..
    So happy you got to go with your friends to the Farm Park !!!!!
    Idol best talent ever !!!!

    May be best talent ever on Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughed hysterically at the Amelia sorting clothes story. Hey, you and I know that Ingrid's clothes are the most adorable baby clothes in the world but Amelia has her own opinion and some of them are just not cute. LOL - literally laughed out loud and immediately read it to Nathan! :)

    ReplyDelete