Thursday, February 3, 2011

Potato Prints

My, my I have some clever comments on that last post. Kudos to you--they were snow enjoyable to read. :)

We checked out a potato printing book at the library and it was a lot of fun. Amelia wouldn't let me help her much so the "animals" are her own. Fun was had and I didn't mind letting the control go. Pretty good for day number five snowed in if I do say so myself.
In other monumental news, Amelia walked down the stairs by herself. I always hold her hand going down the steps and she gets to go up on her own (with me hovering behind her, ha). She had the notion yesterday to walk down on her own and so we tried it. SUCCESS. She seemed so big and I documented the occasion.
Elise has slept better the last two nights (and good naps during the day), thus making things like potato printing with Amelia possible because my sanity has been in tact. So, Elise, we thank you dear little one. She really is such a sweet and precious little baby. Love her so much and her little cheeks are getting chubby. No part of Amelia was ever chubby, so I just love it.


And, it has been worked out (thanks to a very caring upper level resident) for Ross to be at Amelia's party. I am delighted. Deeelighted, I tell you. It almost makes me not want to complain about him being on call again this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Tell those girls to stop growing at least until I can see them again. I want this snow to go away so Micah and i can come over.... And so my house can be clean for five minutes. It looks like a rowdy four year old boy has been trapped in it for a week. Aaahhhh. Also Shelby is on call with Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking down the steps-snow Way LOL
    Dad and I noticed those sweet cheeks getting fuller.
    Love the potato prints-too cute
    Sweet girls sweet girls Gammy's little sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD JOB AMELIA !!! What cute pj's. on our cute girly girl.
    The picture with Elise's finger by her mouth,darling. As I said, she is changing each week. Olive skin and dark hair staying for now. woo woo
    Big Picture always good to see, things work out..Positive blog...LOVE IT.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potato printing is such a great idea! Heading for the library as soon as all this snow goes away...gonna be a bit. Snowing again right now. Amelia is doing such big girl things. I love chubby. Jordan was all chubbs...Love how Elise is holding her finger up to her mouth. That's way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potato prints?? You've turned into such the crafter. And I'm so proud. And such the cook. How was page 19? I forgot to ask. Looked delish. I love how Elise is getting round cheeks like her cuz. So cutey cute. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete