Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Let it sNOw?

Today it is snowing again--a lot. I better be able to get to Harrison this weekend. They have no school and apparently a blizzard and I will be really if I can't see my family again. I am tired of snow playing quite frankly. Amelia never is though and we went out again this morning during Elise's nap. :) After this last round melted a little, it was in perfect condition for Amelia Claire to build her first snowman. She was tickled pink- literally.
This precious little girl who spent quite a while hugging her snowman was a pistol during our playdate yesterday. Lynna and Casiee came over and Amelia spent a lot of time telling Lynna, "NO," and not wanting to share certain toys with her. Hmmm. They usually play really well together but she put sassy into overdrive. They still had a good time, but Amelia busted out a shove at one point. Not acceptable. When they left she told me she was a little bit mean to Lynna and would be nice later. We shall see. She obviously inherited my aggressive, strong-will. I was fretting a bit about this personality type after we played and I called Mom and she said, "Oh, it has its strengths too. You can learn manners." Ok, I'm going with that, ha.

However, they did manage to have a fun time playing despite Buzzy's um outbursts. Lynna is such a sweetheart.

I am thankful that Amelia is such a good player and has such a great imagination. These two weeks could have felt much longer than they have. She will play herself silly. Only taking one hour naps these days and Elise has been up during those naps, so I have declared the time following her naps "Rest Time." She lays on couch (head must be on pillow) and watches a show or two or umm three. I just feel that she gets over-tired and that is when she ends up getting in trouble. I am taking advantage of rest time by doing the dishes and folding laundry.

Yeah right. I picked blogging and eating chocolate chips.

6 comments:

  1. That is cutest thing ever, hugging that snow man!!!! So darling of them on pink couch.
    You deserve all the chocolate chips you want Missy.
    She will learn fast with you at the controls what is NOT acceptable. She has always loved her play dates,just a tiny off day. Just a vapor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself that the traits that are the most difficult for me to handle are going to be the ones that God can use the most. They will be what I love most about Asher once he is saved. It will be good for her to have a strong will in high school when she is choosing to do the right thing and other kids her age are not.
    I NEED some Halsted time! Miss you!

    Em

    P.s. Always choose chocolate over laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole bags of chocolate chips RULE! I've eaten several in my day. Love the pic of AC and Lynna doing the squint eye smile. So cute. And that snowman is very impressive. I love that she was hugging him. You will get to come down. Don't fret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word that snow man is great!She loves him! She is YOU so of course you will understand and teach her well.Rest time idea great and needed.Those shows you allow teach so much too.Glad you had chocolate on hand to eat and make cookies.LOL I am glad the girls had fun together,got that play date in just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snowman is awesome! So I must ask. . . . is that a Daddy built snowman or a Mommy built snowman?

    Yay for rest time! Love the pigtails and sassiness stories.

    Oh and you didn't have to admit to the blogging and chocolate - I saw straight thru that claim of doing dishes! :) Love you and thanks so much for the advice today!! BP is normal and swelling is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snowman and her pigtails are so adorable! It's a hard day when nap times do not overlap. I usually use that time to watch tv though. shh

    ReplyDelete