Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fifty Five Years


That's how long my Meme and Pop have been married today. Fifty five years. Although it is an impressive feat, it feels perfectly normal if you know my Meme and Pop. They have shown my family how to do love. Period.

Of all the things I could say about their inspirational love story, one thing stands out to me. They still crack each other up. Many times through the years I have run over to their house and I can hear them laughing by the time I reach the garage. I never knew just how important this was until I got married. I have spent many hours on their porch getting advice on relationships and talking through problems. How I treasure all they have to share!

My Meme is a fairly private person and quite frankly the only person in this universe I have a healthy fear of :) So, I hope she doesn't get me for sharing this, but it sums up their sweet journey thus far.

Excerpt from an email discussing anniversary plans:
"We don't make big deal of anniv, never have and had 55 of them now. We like to just be together and talk about the years that have gone by and what all we have got to do in our lives together.."

Meme and Pop, Happy Anniversary. I love you both and I am so grateful for the legacy you are leaving our family. Hugs and Kisses.

Here is a funny Amelia story for you on your anniversary:

Me: (while nursing and unable to help her) Amelia, your book is RIGHT THERE by the footstool.

Amelia: Me no find it.

Me: It is RIGHT THERE in front of you.

Amelia: Well, me no have me contacts in. (pretends to pop them in her eyes) Oh, there it is!

_____________________________________________________________
P.S. Happy Anniversary to Kyle and Amy too. May you have 55 years together in your future!

8 comments:

  1. Meme and Pop are truly inspirations! But you're right, she might "get" you for that one. hahaha.

    And I just had to pick myself up off the ground because I fell out of my chair from laughing so hard at the Amelia story. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My precious mom and dad,sweet photo and wonderful writing so very true!Of course the Amelia story is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first a tear came to my eyes, how precious!! Love that email! Meme - do not kill my friend for sharing it! It made me feel all warm inside and I can't wait for 55 years with my sweet hubby!

    Then I literally laughed out loud! Amelia is HILARIOUS!!! She is so going to give you a run for your money!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to your Meme and Pop. I hope I'm still laughing in 50 years. :)

    The contact story is awesome. She is one smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heather !! Glad we can share our wonderful advice to each and everyone of you. LOL We have had a good life.Now we have the great grand-babies to crack up over,so much fun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a long time, I love hearing about lasting love. That little tid bit of a story made me do a chuckle, toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely two of my favorite people.
    And Meam is my favorite; she makes me cobbler. Sorry Pop, but you know what I'm talking about. :)

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary meme and pop! Ya'll are amazing! Amelia is tooooo funny! She's a little hoot!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete