Saturday, October 30, 2010

Shhh...I'm Reading

I read Room by Emma Donaghue for our Book Club One Year Anniversary (so cute, huh?) and it was the most wonderful book. I lent it to Meme, who read it in two days, and I am going to pass it on to Steph. If you love to read, pick this book up and give it a go. It is about a young mother and boy, Jack, who are trapped in a sound-proof room and held captive by the mom's sexual predator and kidnapper. Although disturbing to think about, it is written from Jack's point of view and he has the most innocent childlike perspective. Really makes you realize how resilient kids are. Good read.

Yesterday I was fixing lunch and Amelia all of the sudden stopped playing with her Dora bus and got verrry quiet. I snuck around the corner to check on her and saw this...

Hilarious. I got the biggest kick out of watching her read her book on the couch. We got a really fabulous book at the library called Clap Your Hands by Lorinda Bryan Cauley. It was so awesome and I hated to take it back to return it. We will probably buy it. Or, someone could buy it for us for Christmas. Wink. We still really enjoy going to the library each week and I can see Amelia becoming more and more engaged in the storyline of the books. She is definitely becoming opinionated on books that she doesn't want to read again and those that she wants to read, um, say five thousand times in a row.

The doctor told me that Amelia has FIVE teeth coming in and to expect bearlike behavior. I said, and I quote, "She has been perfect--I guess she is used to having teeth trouble." Hmm. Eating. My. Words. Definitely bearlike this morning. Nothing I do is right and she has been crying at every little thing. Ross just got home from overnight call and she is hugging him and said, "Daddy, doctor, teeth, popsicle." We laughed so hard. I guess she thinks he can fix anything. So, since they are being buddy, buddy, I escaped. I hope she has fun at Spooktacular and can forget about the teeth bursting through her swollen gums. Ouch.

I had some of the residents' wives over last night because the guys all had a mandatory meeting and we had a fun time playing and it helped the evening pass quickly. Here are Amelia and Lynna modeling their new hats from Target. They are so cute. We can't wait to see Lynna all dressed up at Spooktacular.

Asher got sick as soon as he got to our house and had to turn around and go home with throw-up clothes. It was so sad and the girls were distraught since he is their "boyfriend" lol.

I gained three pounds in two weeks. I have eight weeks left. I cannot gain three pounds every two weeks until the end. So, today I am cutting back on Hershey bars, Riesens (heaven), Hostess cupcakes, brownies, etc. Yes, I have had all of those in the last twenty four hours. Sigh.
Here is a 31 week shot...



Feeling Elise move is the greatest thing...I really do love that about pregnancy. That is all :)

Amelia is still playing with Ross and has not had ONE fit and said her teeth are better and is making a big deal out of the fact that she is having fun with him. Cracking me up.


5 comments:

  1. So cute in your new dress from your sissy! I love the hat pictures so Much! Hilarious Poor Asher and Em :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the funniest picture of Amelia,chillin on the couch reading her book.
    OH MY DEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite of all time.
    Precious pictures of the little girls in their hats.
    Cute shot of u Heathy..yep,time to give up those sweet...Holidays coming up also. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. how hilarious that ac propped herself up on some pillows and was just chilling reading her book. i'm still dying laughing. she loves a good book. can't wait to read room. send it over. i have tons of free time. love your new dress on you. so cute. and so proud of you for wearing your new long black one this morning. :)

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i love a good blog entry. with adorable pics. i know it tickles your heart that amelia loves books almost as much as you do. and you look FAAAAABULOUS darling. can't wait to meet elise.

    love you to the moon and back.
    A.Tilton

    ReplyDelete