Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scary Things

In honor of Halloween's 2010 passing--some scary things--in no particular order...

1. Toddler Bed Assembling-- Amelia needed out of her Pack N Play for several reasons--a few of those being safety-- and so we bit the bullet for a Halloween switcheroo. Mom and Dad helped us get the new bed together and in place and Amelia was thrilled at how it looked. I mean thrilled. I couldn't believe when she just ooohed and ahhed over it because we have never even mentioned big girl beds, nor made a big deal out of them. However, I was (and still am really) a nervous wreck that she would fall out or hate it or run around in the night. We made it through the first two nights with her normal wake-ups and pat-backs. She also slept until seven fifteen both mornings. So proud! She napped in there yesterday and is today. Whew--this is big. Praying for a solid transition by the time Elise gets here and the Pack N Play days will be a mere memory. Speaking of praying, Sunday night I texted Emily that I was nervous and felt like I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink and she suggested that I go say a prayer over Amelia. Good friend. I did, and felt much calmer. You know, for me.

Oh, throwing Ross some credit. He slept on the floor all night in the hall the first night so that if she did get out of bed and by some rare chance I didn't hear her, he would block her from going into the living room. This wasn't his idea, but he carried it through :)

2. Fit Throwing-- Seriously. Whew. Amelia doesn't throw many fits (yet) and I know I posted a few weeks ago where she had a fit outbreak and went back to normal. Yesterday was an outbreak. Kind of like when I watch the radar for storms---I was watching every signal for a possible fit. I missed several apparently. I won't even go through the list of things that caused these fits because they were so minor and ridic. However, they resulted in--Amelia hitting her face, biting her own arm, laying on the floor and banging her head, and crying until she was choking. Holy cow. I almost called James Dobson or Dr. Phil. Instead, I called Mom. And she reminded me that Amelia is still cutting five teeth. So, that gave me a little dose of patience and then I told Ross. He laughed and said, "She is a toddler, Heather."

Wow, the wisdom of that man. Honestly though, he is right. And my expectations of her behavior are very high. Especially when she usually meets them. But, biting your own arm? Today she is back to angel pie status. Thank goodness. These fits are u g l y. But, she is my Buzzy Bee no matter what. She was adorable all day Sunday when Mom and Dad were here. Smiley city.
3. Nursery Decorating-- I had five million things crammed in the spare room and Mom literally got it all cleaned in under four hours. The crib is up, changing table in, wall decals on, mobile in place. Head spinning. Makes it seem very close!! We all worked really hard to get this done and after Dad assembled the toddler bed and crib, he kept Amelia occupied while we put everything away. They had a blast. Nursery pics later.


4. Pant Peeing- I had a C-section as most of you know, and thus, my umm lady parts experienced no stretching or tearing. However, this pregnancy I cannot stop peeing my pants. Too much information, right? It is becoming insane. I will be fully dressed, ready to walk out the door, and sneeze. Normally, a "bless you" and I would be on my way. But now I have to go change clothes because I pee on myself with almost every sneeze. Unless I umm you know, hold my crotch. Sometimes it is a drizzle and sometimes it is a mop up job. I feel better getting this out and I know you feel better reading it.



Not So Scary Things

1. Trick Or Treating- Amelia loved this whole holiday and will be a bit confused when there is not another chance to dress up in costume ha. She went to Aunt Jen's and had a great time and even wanted to go to a few other houses in the neighborhood. Although shy at the door, she always peeped out trick or treat.





2. Banana Eating- This is random, but Amelia usually eats little cut up pieces of banana for snack. She asked this morning if she could eat the whole banana. I thought it was strange, but handed it to her and she wanted me to take her picture. Lol. She thought it was so cool to hold it "me self."


3. Fall Television-- Oh Desperate Housewives your storyline is so great this season. And Amazing Race is as amazing as ever. Although I wish the two clueless people would have gone home Sunday night. Survivor is great and I am hoping Marty makes it to the merge. For some reason I like the guy and think he is a good player. He's no Russell, but...

Project Runway was fabulous this season, but I was disappointed in the finale. Mondo is my winner. His clothes were insane and I loved them. I think Gretchen is talented, but I wasn't as sold on her stuff.

Steph, you might never make it through this post.

9 comments:

  1. Mondo was my winner too. Give AC a big kiss for me. Miss and love you guys!

    -Jessalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved trick or treating,love the look on my sissy's face,love the new toddler room,love the fact my husband is the best Gampy and can play for hours,love the huge banana smile,and I love you despite your TMI times. LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hellloooo, may be a bit much info for some Heathy, I know you could care less. lol
    So happy that Amelia got to trick or treat at all her families homes.
    Of course Aunt Jen would have on a Halloween shirt, and a bunch of decorations up..

    Love the bed and the decorations u put in buzzy room. So happy that she loves it!!!! Kinda amazing when you think it all through.
    Nay and Steve can get into that bedroom decorating,good to have help..

    Glad she is showing her strong side,don't want a wishy washy girly girl. She could not really be much better than she is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. whew. i did make it. barely....hahha. just kidding. so happy amelia is sleeping in her toddler bed. makes me so happy for her. (and you) i'm dying to see elise's room since i didn't get to be there sunday. i almost can't stand the waiting. i'm ecstatic that amelia is a halloween head. just like me!!! i love costumes and pumpkins and monsters. yay ac. love the pic of jenny. and i love you :)

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the toddler bed transition went smoothly. I'm too scared to even try. And I had the same problem during Chance's pregnancy. If it makes you feel better it went completely away about a week or two after he was born. Amelia is a super cute spider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post is a hoot.
    "She's a toddler..." haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, you make me pee my pants laughing at you! Can't wait to see the nursery! Amelia's room and new bed are adorable. Great job. Also, she's the cutest spider ever!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things that made me literally laugh OUT LOUD:
    1. descriptions of Amelia's fits
    2. You peeing your pants, I already knew that but way funnier in text.
    3. Me holding myself!
    4. Your love for the Desperate Housewives script

    Good post! Love it, love you, love love love Ross - precious stories about him, and LOVE AMELIA!!

    I demand Nursery pictures STAT!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish we were to the nursery pictures phase. I have so many fun ideas but who knows if I am talented or motivated enough to bring those ideas into reality. Let's hope so!!

    ReplyDelete