Saturday, October 9, 2010

Have I Mentioned...

I like Halloween. I haven't really ever just loooved it like Steph, but my child sure does :) It is fun and has caused me to "decorate." Christmas is the only holiday that I ever put any effort into, but Amelia has really helped me get into the spirit more. Have I mentioned that she loves monsters and ghosts and pumpkins? We bought a ghost to hang up (and she promptly wanted to sit in its lap??), painted some pumpkins, painted a monster, and bought a fall sign. She seems satisfied :)


Amelia says she thinks the baby is a boy, and painted his pumpkin hot pink, lol. After we painted the pumpkins she needed to paint something else so Ross drew a monster and she might have even enjoyed painting it more.



Have I mentioned Ross and I are not artsy? As in, we actually tried on our pumpkins bahaha. However, my child is in an art phase (or maybe it's not a phase) so artsy I will try to be.

Meme and Pop got Amelia a dancing ghost last Halloween and it was a big hit then..

But this year when we got him out, it was more than a hit. He is her buddy and she will barely let him dance a little before picking him up and kissing and hugging him lol.

Ross had to work today till 1:30. He is now napping. Goes in tomorrow at 5 a.m. and won't come home until Monday. Oh, and have I mentioned how muuuuuch I despise the rotation that he is on? If not, let it be known. Despise.

But, we had supper Friday night with the Hahn's and we get to hang out with them and live here in this awesome house because of residency. Wonderful consolation. We had loads of fun and they bought our dinner AGAIN. We so owe them--the sneaks. I sat and sat and waited for the ticket and then they just got up and it was mysteriously taken care of. Emily also brought me some cute maternity sweaters and I am just waiting on the weather to wear them.

6 comments:

  1. Cannot believe the difference in one yr with girly girl. One thing is the same, she still loves ghosts. lol
    Great blog,glad she loves Halloween,such a fun time with a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying dinner is nothing compared to making dinner.that is much more effort...I still owe you. .....Love sitting on the ghosts lap! So cute! Amelia can come here and have a craft day. We love crafts too.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's my girl! loving her some halloween. i was decorating right before i read this post! so happy ac loves monsters and ghosts. love that you painted pumpkins and are getting into the halloween spirit. yesssss. i also love the pic from a year ago. she has grown so much it blows my mind. pumpkin patch in 7 days!

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness from last year this year-amazing the difference in our little Bee!Yeah for painting and crafts,kids do not know if you artsy or not,they love it!Thank you Lord for the friendship of the Hahns for my family!:) Poor Ross, 19 days in row of working and he will be ready for an overdue break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun pics!! Just like Aunt Steph!! Remind me to tell you a story about little girls and ghosts! You'll crack up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work hard and play harder I have nine days off and looking forward to spending time with heather and Amelia. I am so bleessed to have such a wonderful family. I am glad she is keeping the blog up to date so I know what's going on with my life. Ha it's not quite that bad, and I do enjoy my work.

    ReplyDelete